Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Corrupted

Rmp Roll Cage Or Custom Fab

53 posts in this topic

Thought I might throw this up for you guys. I been planning vacation in October and thought that would be a good time for me to buy and have delivered a RMP Roll Cage to my house and install it myself. It seems pretty simple and having a week to install in in cool weather seems like in might be a relaxing little car project for me to do myself.

Can anyone tell me the Pros and Cons of a RMP cage vs a Custom Fab one?

Cost of RMP 6 pt

6 point Chromoly roll bar with color match $2610.00

Seat Belt Simspon 29104 $249.95

I can only tell you Pro for the awesome work and carbon fiber color on my Rollbar. It was Beautiful. John had it perfectly done for my FF. RPM was good to deal with too.

Tim installed it! The change to the 10 point Roll cage was alot more work for Tim, as he did the welding. It did turnout nice tho and is now all black.

Linda :) 

I got a full custom 10pt for that price. I dropped it off and picked it up 10 days later.

I'm picking up a car tomorrow from AMP to take to the same guy. 1700 for a six point with swing out bars. The guy does incredible work.

Custom fab for sure.

The RPM units are nice because they are DIY and you can get them with pretty finishes, but the bars are rather intrusive. They have to be to get the cage in the car in one piece. A custom job will tuck the bars way up and out of the way.

once my pocket book is healthy i am sending my car to the guys who did Johns work. Tony impressed me with his skill so he definately will do my cage.   The RPM i have in here now is nice but it lacks the fit and finish i want now. 

for the price it cant be beat, but like others have said, its a bolt in deal, so theres a lot left on the table. 

I'm just gonna do a 6 point for now. Probably wont be until another year my car will be set up for 9's. unless you guys think it more cost effective to just do the 10 point for now.

send me the info too please.

a cage will look good when i do car shows. probably will help to when  take a fucking hammer to it the next time it breaks

FWIW, my chassis guy said its easier for him to do a 10-point right off the bat as opposed to doing a 6-point, then adding to it later to make it a 10-point.

If it is in your budget, just get it over with up front.

Thomas,

My car is at AMP now. If you get a chance, swing by and check out the cage. It has a 10pt in it. May help you decide which way you want to go.

Thomas,

My car is at AMP now. If you get a chance, swing by and check out the cage. It has a 10pt in it. May help you decide which way you want to go.

Maybe I can get Scott to send me some pics of it. I decided to go with cage over rear end first since I'm hitting 10's now and I concerned about getting thrown off the track in Orlando. I'm surprised Bradenton track has not said anything to me. So, I'll go ahead and play by the rules and get me safety shit done first so I can continue to enjoy my events.

Thomas,

SWEET! Car parts...........vroooooooooooooooom. 

I got a full custom 10pt for that price. I dropped it off and picked it up 10 days later.

I'm picking up a car tomorrow from AMP to take to the same guy. 1700 for a six point with swing out bars. The guy does incredible work.

Yeah, GearHead Fabrications in Stuart, FL . He fills my nitrous bottles and will be finishing my cage from a 5 to a 10 point when I get my car back from AMP. Reasonable pricing and great work!....  Its worth the trip to him for sure..... Im just lucky I live 5 min away from his shop