Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Corrupted

Rmp Roll Cage Or Custom Fab

53 posts in this topic

Which one is the one Andy as referring to that does the best cage he's ever seen, robsrt 's guy or GearHead Fabrication the one DRP6982 is referring too?

Thomas,

My car is at AMP now. If you get a chance, swing by and check out the cage. It has a 10pt in it. May help you decide which way you want to go.

Scott said I'm banned from there not allowed to go look.

Which one is the one Andy as referring to that does the best cage he's ever seen, robsrt 's guy or GearHead Fabrication the one DRP6982 is referring too?

Scott said I'm banned from there not allowed to go look.

Same guy.

Rob, they have pics of your car on their website. They are only 2 1/2 hours away as well.

yeah not to far and he has a good rep. Give Mario @ Gearhead a call

yeah not to far and he has a good rep. Give Mario @ Gearhead a call

He takes great pride in his work and completes it when he says he will. He told me it would be 7-10 days for my cage. I just assumed 7-10 days meant 4 weeks. I picked my car up 9 days later and it was completed.

He takes great pride in his work and completes it when he says he will. He told me it would be 7-10 days for my cage. I just assumed 7-10 days meant 4 weeks. I picked my car up 9 days later and it was completed.

Thats because you work with Andy and Scott too much lol lol

^^^ Sounds like someone needs GOOD help.... just sayin. (again)

let me know if you find someone. No matter if I have 50 people working here, there are only so many blocks and they rarely get returned in time.

Ok, talked to Mario at GearHead, he gave me the scoop on the new rule on roll cages for 2008 cars and newer. The official ruling is that a unmodified car is allowed to go 10.0 sec with out a cage because 2008 and up cars internal structure design is strong enought that a cage is not needed. If your unmodified car can go 9.99 or faster a cage is needed.

Mario, said the unmodified does not pertain to engine modification. So having power adders or stroker does not mandate you have to get a cage because its still considered unmodified. NHRA is stating that its not needed if you have not modified the struture of the body it's self. Such as cutting the top off making it a convertible or doing the wing doors that is considered modified structure that the rule is referring to.

Help that helps.

I can understand the 2008 body being stronger,but the factory seat belts aren't safe for racing.Your 5 point racing belts get bolted to the roll bar.

Seat belts and body structure are fine.

As long as you don't wreck. :)

Required or not cage just seems like a good idea.

I can understand the 2008 body being stronger,but the factory seat belts aren't safe for racing.Your 5 point racing belts get bolted to the roll bar.

I don't believe your required to have the 5 point harness until 9.99 or faster

thats actually very fair. 

i was quoted 3800 complete, including removing old cage, removing interior, cage and paint and reinstall interior properly with proper holes cut. 

Ok, double checked with speed world Orlando because Moparmaniac said they were strict. They verified the NHRA rules that 6 point cage is not required for as fast as 10.0 for 2008 cars and newer. That explains why Bradenton did not say anything to me.

Ok, double checked with speed world Orlando because Moparmaniac said they were strict. They verified the NHRA rules that 6 point cage is not required for as fast as 10.0 for 2008 cars and newer. That explains why Bradenton did not say anything to me.

Didnt know you went faster then 11.49   Good for you  very cool...

when your sliding upside down on the shinny side and the windows blow out in your face, yours arms are flying all around and the roof starts coming in on you, you'll probably wish you spent a few grand to safe your ass, especially with those street tires on the front and them slicks on the back.

We already had one car hit the wall and one Jeep loose a wheel, it's just a matter of time till someone gets hurt or worse killed.