Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

aves

1967 Dodge Dart Take 2

208 posts in this topic

motor fits eb nicely, curious, what's your thoughts on the intake sure looks the part?

After setting in there I am not digging intake. Plus with intake and by time you get a 90 elbow on it with T.B. will be too tall. So probably going to either sell it or try giving muscle motor call see if they take it back. Might give Hoogan or Wilson a call soon about an intake.

Troy

Pm me ifnyou plan on selling it

pm sent

Troy

Cool car!  Gen III certainly a lot easier to make big power that is still streetable...

That's what I am hoping for. Miss driving the car around and right now going to the track and watching the races is killing me.

Troy

looks good Troy! stop by again sometime

Yea need to get together again. Friend blew his car up last night in qualifying last night, so will be just at track watching tomorrow.

Troy

Well after looking at rules again for MAKO (local heads up series) sheet metal intake is not allowed. So back to trying to make this one work. Might need to try to cut it down another 1" or so t hit firewall right. Friend let me borrow another elbow to see how it would work. Firewall is going to have to be cut and redone right where intake is going to go through.

7A869E11-811C-443D-9E42-FB94A32AB7DB-560

Need to get ahold of ATI tomorrow. Going to order superglide case to finish up fab and make sure engine is exactly where it needs to be before continuing. Just can't decide to just get case or get built trans now.

New rules for x275 should be out Nov. 1 so not in hurry till see what they decide to change.

Troy

You think with the right elbow.  It would clesr a stock flat hood??

Will friend building a sheetmetal elbow with a 110* angle to clear back cowl. I think if you cut intake all the way down it would be within 1/2" of clearing flat hood. I am probably just going to go with around a 2" cowl.

Troy

Troy I'd love to see a snap shot across the fenders to see how high it sits in there.  I've been eyeing the modman lower with a box upper to fit under the stock hood.  I really really don't want a raised hood on my car.  May even get a corbon fiber hood but still a flat one.  Just want it to be as stock lines as I can.  

Fwiw I plan on making it to a mako race next year.  I think the lower cast with sheet upper would be allowed.  I doubt the elbow has to be cast.  That seems to extreme really.

Yea could cut a stock aluminum manifold and shorten if you wanted. Friend had a kit laying around for elbow so he will be making it with the 110* angle to clear cowl. Once I get that will try to take picture even from side.

Troy

Fwiw I plan on making it to a mako race next year.  I think the lower cast with sheet upper would be allowed.  I doubt the elbow has to be cast.  That seems to extreme really.

Yea will try to make a few MAKO races next year also. JJust got back from throwdown in Tulsa. Would love to make it to run the Spring race but not sure will be done. It is always a good time

Troy

Not much of an update. Another part arrived finally should be able to start a little mock up.

DFD119BF-C51E-46A1-99EA-EE02DFC7B179-105

May have finally decide on exactly what engine combo to go with :rolleyes: . New rules for x275 should be out this week so hope to nail done decision for turbo soon.

Troy