Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

aves

1967 Dodge Dart Take 2

208 posts in this topic

was that you asking on the FAST forum for someone to tune an XFI2 setup? If so you can bring it to North Texas and I will tune it for you

Nope wasn't me. Think I pretty much narrowed down to either the Holley or proefi systems. Still waiting on that though.

Troy

Nope wasn't me. Think I pretty much narrowed down to either the Holley or proefi systems. Still waiting on that though.

Troy

I think you would be much better served by an XFI setup or an AEM. The web sites do a terrible job telling you why you should buy a certain EFI setup. I'm not a dealer for any of them. After tuning most of em, I would say AEM is easiest, followed by fast and then big stuff. Just my opinion

I think you would be much better served by an XFI setup or an AEM. The web sites do a terrible job telling you why you should buy a certain EFI setup. I'm not a dealer for any of them. After tuning most of em, I would say AEM is easiest, followed by fast and then big stuff. Just my opinion

The speed if the new processors on the Holley and proefi is impressive. Plus the Holley over last few updates has really improved with there boost controls. The safety features on the proefi is very nice especially if I wanted to go e85. Biggest draw back right now is the proefi is they have not done much work with the new hemi. Holley has been doing a lot of testing lately with new hemi and now has a plug in harness available.

It will probably be last part if puzzle though as depending how long takes me to get running things always changing.

Troy

I got to play with the software for the Holley and the MS3 a bit lately.  I will let you know what I find as I get some more seat time with both.  MS3-pro is hands down the most cost effective and has the coolest application support.  The holley stuff seems very user friendly.  I really like the holleys assignable pin out config screen.  That kicks ass.  Plus is has built in 4l60/80 control.

Yea like the user friendly of the holley. Plus when they came out with version 2 it unlocked a lot of boost stuff, and now they have a nice harness for it for the hemi and works well with the racepak dash.

As far as trans I am going with an ATI cased glide. Should work ok cruising with the 3.55 rear gear. Hoping with the 275 drag radial should launch ok if I can get boost up at launch. Depending on converter slip may need to run 29.5 tire for 1/4 though to keep rpms down.

Troy

The holley software is pretty intuitive.  The MS3 stuff is so much deeper and richer.  I haven't found anything that it cannot do.I think I am going to put MS3 on the magnum when I put it back together with the turbo setup

Been back and forth with selling house. So kinda discouraged on build. Hell Haven't even walked in garage to look at it. But back to build now I think. Needing to finish getting accessories for motor and drop back in car to look at turbo placement and start welding up headers.

Still deciding on wether to cut inner fenders out and make tube core support and fender support for more room. Then go in with aluminum once everything in place to make new inner fenders. Have a guy in Oklahoma I might have fab headers up or just give it a try with a friend of mine.

Need to get with you and get that list of all the wiring harnesses needs for the Holley still. Also Holley coming out with new display mid summer might go that way instead of all the gauges.

Troy

Well it has been way to long on this, but think we finally start moving forward.

Got the water pump now and valve covers on and engine finally mounted

image_zps49e5618d.jpg

Had a couple more parts come in. Intercooler from Frozenboost  good to 2500cfm. Has 4" inlet/outlet probably change out the 3/4" lines for atleast 1" fittings to connect to ice box with Rhule 2000 pump. Moran 235 lb injectors 

5F07EA41-B6FA-4A55-8703-FABF72CC038D_zps

So started cutting inner fenders out for access to make headers  and mount turbo. Will try to fab new inners once tubing all in place. Also master cylinder was in way of back to spark plugs so going to relocate it to under dash.

image_zpsdd0c156a.jpg

Need to fab mount for powerglide so I can get it sent out and built.

Troy

I cant remember if  you bought your EFI setup yet.  If you haven't I would strongly suggest the holley setup.  It is absolutely amazing.  I have swapped a couple cars over to it and I love tuning on it.  I have the whole setup sitting here waiting to go on mine.  

I am leaning more toward the PROEFI. I like the traction control/ launch control it has built in plus the ethanol sensor to run on e-85. Adjust timing and boost level depending on ethanol content.

Aves its looking good. What are you using for that low mount alt? Who made the front wp cover setup??? How much lower does that k member allow the engine to sit vs a stick k member???

Aves its looking good. What are you using for that low mount alt? Who made the front wp cover setup??? How much lower does that k member allow the engine to sit vs a stick k member???

Motor muscle makes the alt mount. The front water pump is the Meizer cover with the 55 gal pump. I don't know if it sits any lower never really had stock mounts in before. It does allow more access since the steering box is not there plus like the coil over set-up. Still cutting more out where shock use to mount. Got all the tubing for primary tubes and collector. So hopefully start making headers once we get rest of the material cut out.

Had to make the trans mount mocked up and made so I can get trans case sent out to be built.

Troy

Most of the inner fender is cut out now. Started on turbo mount. Little bit less room then was thinking.

32EDB84F-F7E4-4F9F-8258-CE9D6F26CB83_zps

33757F1A-02E3-4629-975B-9EEDCF1D8FB8_zps

Starting on the passenger header now.

Troy