Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blackdeuce

Pictures From A Local Car Show

The local Mopar dealer started doing a car show a few years ago.  It's not a very big deal, but there were some pretty neat cars.  I only took pictures of some of the older cars that I liked.  There were also modern cars in attendance.  It's funny, but I wasn't too interested in the modern cars......

One of the guys running the show tried to wave me into the show area, but I told him that I only came to look.  He had me park by the entrance into the show area.  I opened my hood to show a couple of guys my supercharger and left it open while I walked around.  I came back to find a number on my car and a bag of goodies.  My son got a chuckle out of the number that I was given.... 69.  

I didn't stay too long, but there was quite a bit of interest in my car because of the supercharger.  I think I had the only car there with a blower except for one of the mechanics that had a turbocharged Neon SRT4.  There's a pic of his motor.  Real nice guy.  He was really interested in my car (the blower, gauges, solo j-pipes, etc.)

I may take my car there next year and enter the show.  Bullshit some with the other car guys..... My car's too plain to win anything.  The mechanic said "I would have never guessed that your car had a blower".  I did a nice burnout for them when I left.  lol

http://s1137.photobucket.com/user/sshuck62/slideshow/Car%20Show%20Pics

The old pickup was a 1941 Chrysler.  The owner thinks that there were only around 6000 made. The truck looked pretty original on the outside except for the missing front bumper.  It was being powder coated.  The motor and drive train were not stock, though.  He said it will smoke the tires pretty good.

I hadn't heard of a 340 six pack, or a 360 Cuda.  Shows what I know. 

I hadn't heard of a 340 six pack, or a 360 Cuda.  Shows what I know. 

You're kidding right?  1970 AAR Cuda, 1970 TA Challenger?  1974 gave you both a 360 Cuda version and 360 Challenger version, in fact all the Mopar Muscle cars offered a 360 version in 1974.  I had a 74 Cuda 360 at one time and my brother had a 1974 Duster 360.  I take it you haven't been a Mopar guy all you life lol.  Well they certainly had some clean examples there for you to learn about them, they all looked pretty nice in the pictures.

Nope. Started out with a 70 Super Bee and then a Barracuda with a 318. My brother had a 340 Cuda. After that, I got married and drove more practical vehicles (with a 1985 Ramcharger in the mix). At that point, I couldn't afford a toy.

My knowledge is pretty much limited to what I owned or what somebody I knew owned. Maybe a little more, but not much.

Sounds like you and your brother and sweet rides when you were young.

when i got married in 74, sold my 70 road runner and got a f..ing pinto

Yea, I miss the road runner....but i've mannaged to ride the other one a lot of years and she is still a sweet ride IMO (no...not the pinto)

Great pics.................. thanks for sharing......lots of nice old Mopars.

I'll try and post up some pics of a bunch of Mopars from out local MoparFest here in Albuquerque coming up this weekend. I don't know if I'll get a ton of pics. I got roped into playing MC for the event. It's going to be a busy weekend

Nice.  Lots of cool rides.

Two of the best shots I think you got was the panther pink Challenger.  Goes to show you how damn lame the new "furious fuscia" looks in comparison.  I need to find Phil's build thread with the new green monster.  He was just razzing Sean about it.  I think I will add a little gasoline to the fire.   B)

2013-06-12182033_zpsc6ada803.jpg

2013-06-12182845_zps7da575a6.jpg