Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

70challengerrt440

Drag Pack Intake Manifold?

42 posts in this topic

So I am still into this stroker build. It sounds like the ported 6.1 intake will be holding me back to get big hP gains above 6K. I was thinking of the drag pack manifold. Has anyone seen dyno results? What about hood clearance? I know I need to run a hood scoop and the T/A hood scoop is probably to low. I will still use the throttle body so I would use Edelbrock's intake adapter. Any info guys? 70...

There's a lot of guys running the stocker intake making some crazy fast times, Larry.  The intake has been worked over, but it makes power.  Spray it and call it a day...

HS

You can see the height of it compared to the wiper cover. When looking at the picture keep in mind my engine sits back 4" more than your does. But it will fit under the 6 pack hood like I ran on my black car. Coming up with a filter element would be needed. Jegs sells this whole set, you are looking at about 2500.00 for throttle body, gas pedal and all. These are cable driven throttle bodies like carbs used to be. I believe Jon Dalton ran one you can talk to him. I have it off my car right now if you need more detailed pics.

d5.jpg

Thanx Guys. Sam I know what you are saying to just spray it. I am just very curious how much power is locked up in the stock intake manifold. I will be twisting my motor to 7K or that was the plan the dyno will tell the tail soon. 70

What's the displacement? Your 6.1 can go to 7000rpm depending on your displacement. We are even revving a 426 that high with a 6.1 intake. The drag pack is very nice but by the time you put an elbow on it for an oem tb, you have an even taller intake.

My logs show my motor hitting 7105....... and its dtill together.........

Shhhh! Not so loud Mani!? Andy might be on here reading this stuff :)

Does anyone have any experience with this manifold on a FI application ?

Williams RT you said you have it off the car at the moment? If its not to much trouble could you take a measurement for me ? I just need from the base of the runners to the top of the front runners. no need for the pleneum height.Thanks David

Williams RT you said you have it off the car at the moment? If its not to much trouble could you take a measurement for me ? I just need from the base of the runners to the top of the front runners. no need for the pleneum height.Thanks David

If by FI you mean "forced induction" then I will be able to give you some data in the next few weeks. We have a customer that will be running one on a PWR 419 with a F1. The engine is in the car and getting close to initial start. I believe they are putting the finishing touches on the adapter for the 148mm TB.

If by FI you mean "fuel injection" then you need to talk to Jeff (budoboy) - he's running one on his car.

If by FI you mean "forced induction" then I will be able to give you some data in the next few weeks. We have a customer that will be running one on a PWR 419 with a F1. The engine is in the car and getting close to initial start. I believe they are putting the finishing touches on the adapter for the 148mm TB.

If by FI you mean "fuel injection" then you need to talk to Jeff (budoboy) - he's running one on his car.

Dam mike how tall is that hood to make that work? I would like to see that.

Yeah I ment forced induction . And I will be very interested in seeing you results Mike are you going to be doing a comparison with the 6.1 manifold or another? I think it should do pretty awesome especially if you could get the plenum volume close to 1:1 with displacement  ;)

Mike what do you think of a dp manifold on my setup?

I will let you know shortly. However, Performance Trends EA shows very nice gains.

Dam mike how tall is that hood to make that work? I would like to see that.

HHP had the intake machined to knock a few inches off the top of the manifold and Speed South put a 90 degree Wilson elbow on it for the TB. I believe the setup is still going to poke through the hood by design.

From the base where it mounts to the heads to the top of the runners is approx 6". 9" over all to the top of the pleneum.

Yeah I ment forced induction . And I will be very interested in seeing you results Mike are you going to be doing a comparison with the 6.1 manifold or another? I think it should do pretty awesome especially if you could get the plenum volume close to 1:1 with displacement  ;)

Sorry, no comparative data on this one. It was designed to run with the DP intake from the start.

What's the displacement? Your 6.1 can go to 7000rpm depending on your displacement. We are even revving a 426 that high with a 6.1 intake. The drag pack is very nice but by the time you put an elbow on it for an oem tb, you have an even taller intake.

6.1 can go to 8200rpm and live.. I did it this weekend multiple passes..

To be more specific, I shifted 1-2 and 2-3 @ 7700 rpm, went out the traps @ 8200 rpm

6.1 can go to 8200rpm and live.. I did it this weekend multiple passes..

To be more specific, I shifted 1-2 and 2-3 @ 7700 rpm, went out the traps @ 8200 rpm

Now you're talkin! What rockers are you running?

Now you're talkin! What rockers are you running?

Stock rockers and lifters...Thicker oil to keep them from collapsing.. I'm not having any problems up top at all. Only ran 20 psi, 30 psi will tell the story tho. Car was  172mph out the back on 20psi and we didn't see any problems with it yesterday.. I will need more rpm on 30psi to get out the back so we will see! I think with 30psi and 350rwhp more I will have to shift all gears @ 8-8200 to get out the back by 8500rpm.