Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

70challengerrt440

Drag Pack Intake Manifold?

42 posts in this topic

SUMBUDDYS testing.

Car is running good and the ET /MPH was really nice yesterday. No problems so next time out we will turn it up some and see how it likes it. It was nice to be back in the car.:)

Car is running good and the ET /MPH was really nice yesterday. No problems so next time out we will turn it up some and see how it likes it. It was nice to be back in the car. :)

I bet, good luck I hope it goes well. Don't be a stranger let us know how it goes.

Stock rockers and lifters...Thicker oil to keep them from collapsing.. I'm not having any problems up top at all. Only ran 20 psi, 30 psi will tell the story tho. Car was  172mph out the back on 20psi and we didn't see any problems with it yesterday.. I will need more rpm on 30psi to get out the back so we will see! I think with 30psi and 350rwhp more I will have to shift all gears @ 8-8200 to get out the back by 8500rpm.

That's great news. You are the second person now that I am aware of running the stock rockers and lifters to 8000+ RPM. This is great news. Please keep us posted. Thanks for the valuable info!

The displacement is 402 CI. HHP ported 6.1 intake and ported heads. 233/243 @ .050 .575/.578 lift 115 LSA 111 ICL.  I did upgrade the stock push rods to .080 wall thickness. 12-1 compression. E-85 Conversion. Mike @ OST is my tuner. I am just waiting on some fuel fittings from Fore Innovation. I think the intake will determine how hard I twist it. Ohh, and this is also a  nitrous motor running a Nitrous Outlet 200 shot Hemi plate system. 70..

Stock rockers and lifters...Thicker oil to keep them from collapsing.. I'm not having any problems up top at all. Only ran 20 psi, 30 psi will tell the story tho. Car was  172mph out the back on 20psi and we didn't see any problems with it yesterday.. I will need more rpm on 30psi to get out the back so we will see! I think with 30psi and 350rwhp more I will have to shift all gears @ 8-8200 to get out the back by 8500rpm.

Did you do anything else to valvetrain to help it live to that rpm? lighter valves(hollow) or anything. Would be nice to be safe to around 7500 to 7700 with a bit of safety room.

Troy

This intake is from muscle motors. It same as drag pak but can have top milled 1.5 " shorter way I got it. Can also have it made for 4500 base for dominator carb. Also runners seem a bit bigger then normal drag pack.

Since you running carb might be better as bosses for injectors not drilled yet and almost half price

5AC1AB42-4355-4AB5-9781-3288CABE8C27-170

Sorry no better pictures but if ya want can take more

Troy

From the base where it mounts to the heads to the top of the runners is approx 6". 9" over all to the top of the pleneum.

Thanks man

Did you do anything else to valvetrain to help it live to that rpm? lighter valves(hollow) or anything. Would be nice to be safe to around 7500 to 7700 with a bit of safety room. TroyThis intake is from muscle motors. It same as drag pak but can have top milled 1.5 " shorter way I got it. Can also have it made for 4500 base for dominator carb. Also runners seem a bit bigger then normal drag pack.  Since you running carb might be better as bosses for injectors not drilled yet and almost half price 5AC1AB42-4355-4AB5-9781-3288CABE8C27-170  Sorry no better pictures but if ya want can take more  Troy

Do yout happen to have a link to where i could find this?

The Drag Pak intake makes power, but needs or should be ported for best results, Have a friend with a 461 N/A and a worked DP, made 50 hp and 50 ft through out the power band. Have one being ported for my TT set up.