Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Surfer1420

Horse Power Tv

54 posts in this topic

It's cool we got some air time.  I keep hounding them to come to CF and so far no dice.  I may take a trip down to the studio before next year's and talk to their producer in person to try to get somethign going.  You guys deserve some press for that event.  It's become one, if not THE, largest Mopar events in the country.

I told Joe Elmore that Sam was trying to set a record and that we had been fighting with the car all weekend right before Sam made that pass, I was trying to kind of clue them in to get video of it because we had a feeling it was gonna be a good one.  Once we saw the number Karl attacked me lol and I figured that would get air time.  Karl swung me around like a rag doll for 5 minutes haha.  It really was an awesome moment.

Those guys seem to really cater to the Chevy and Mustang crowd.  Joe's a big Mustang fan.  Surprisingly Joe doesn't own anything to speak of at present and Mike drives an older Nissan Frontier.  That fact surprised me when I met the guys during the taping of the Hemi build last year.

Just watched it, coverage on Sams car was good. The story was actually them following a LS car they helped build, so anyone else getting air time is a plus. They still suck because of CF coverage though lol

Just watched it too! Yeah baby, Sam is the man. :). Karl sure was happy! I barely got to see Jay with those beefy guns of Karl's ;). And I think I saw a mustang I might of recognized as well, right Kenny?

We did well to recieve the coverage we did.  I just stayed in my car while they were around since it was just before the run and I wanted my head straight.  Between Karl and J speaking to them, I think that definitely helped get us coverage.  That and a 200mph+ run never hurts.  Thank goodness we finally popped the number.  I felt bad the last two events where the B5 blue car with the big 3.6L KB and I think a 440 with a bunch of work to the car couldn't get past 17Xmph due to several challenges.

HPTV2.jpg

HPTV3.jpg

HPTV4.jpg

HS

Just watched it too! Yeah baby, Sam is the man. :). Karl sure was happy! I barely got to see Jay with those beefy guns of Karl's ;). And I think I saw a mustang I might of recognized as well, right Kenny?

I havent watched it yet, got it recorded so I will watch it when I get home from work. Notsure text me and said Alans Mustang was on there though.

Too bad that show has such a hard on for Camaros.   They didn't even talk to Sam

Ain't that the truth. Still waiting for them to do a Viper mod. Yeah right.

Karl is definitely the color on the team.  That and when Speedy has a few libations....LMAO.  Didn't someone race a golf cart???

IMG_4356-1.jpg

...whollotta characters

:D

HS

Thank you.  It was a great day and having MMF brethren there was the cherry on the sundae.

HS

Yes sir having the clan there is what makes the entire event. The silver 08 Mustang that was in the video several times is my son's. :)