Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chally

Anyone Have A Problem With Gradual Coolant Loss?

So, I'll have to post pictures later because I'm at the office, but the car is slowly losing coolant. I estimate that the culprit is a bad intake manifold gasket, as there is a slow buildup of grime from the drivers side top of the motor, and the car isn't "consuming" an abnormal amount of oil. I also have a mysterious pool of coolant leaking out through the resevoir tank at the base one of the hoses, maybe you guys could point me to the problem, but like I said, I'll have to post pics first.

At any rate, has anyone had problems with the intake manifold gasket on a stock car?

Doubt it's the intake manifold gasket, no coolant goes through it. Your shouldn't be consuming any coolant...ever. If you have a leak at the base/hose, thats your problem...fix it.

There is no coolant on the ground, nor any leaking down the inner side of the fender which is why i'm baffled. I'll see if I can get some pictures up soon.

My ram has this issue since new and found it years later while doing an electric fan..seen residue leaking out from the water pump drain hole..never seen a puddle just could see residue...only other place was on my charger the tstat gasket needed to be replaced cuz it had the same small residue coming from the side of the housing..

Sorry OP

What are the details, Brian?? I recall you having issues with your original aluminum block... Is this a replacement? What does "impregnated with resin x2" mean?

If you have time, here is a good article to read...  Especially the guys with Aluminum blocks.

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/2af190ed#/2af190ed/74

Sorry OP

What are the details, Brian?? I recall you having issues with your original aluminum block... Is this a replacement? What does "impregnated with resin x2" mean?

Read the article above.

I had the process done twice.  It's just a good insurance procedure to reduce the chance of coolant loss via porosity.

Yes, this is a new block.  SN #23 block died a slow death. 

of a thread that is over 6 months old........ i think you guys are ok.   lol

i will assume that is why you did not have the jeep at bradenton brian?