Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Georgethedog

Cuda Build Finished

72 posts in this topic

Here are a couple of pictures of my AFR Cuda build.  I still have a couple minor items left though...  There were a few members on here that wanted to see the final product while others hate the idea... lolWhatever your opinion, here it is... Enjoy or throw-up...

DSC_1167_zps78921709.jpg

DSC_1191_zps9c168a8d.jpg

DSC_1150_zps6adcd9de.jpg

DSC_1158_zps55cb78df.jpg

I love it.

Can you post a close up of the fender holes. How did you do that?

Is that a label on the hood,front right?

I'm going to do that to my DY Challenger or I'm going to do this to it.

post-21-0-37950300-1378498452_thumb.jpg

Looks pretty good to me too. If it was mine, I would paint the grill inserts black and be done.

I copied the paint scheme on the grill of a 1971 "Cuda. 

I love it.

Can you post a close up of the fender holes. How did you do that?

Is that a label on the hood,front right?

I'm going to do that to my DY Challenger or I'm going to do this to it.

The fender gills are simply stuck on.  The way Steve at AFR makes them look like there is a hole there.  It is very funny at shows watching people put their eyes up to them trying to look through.  Even up close it looks like it is a hole.  I will post a picture that I have and try to take a better one if you want me to.  Yes, that is a label on the front of the hood.  I took off all the DODGE badges on the car and found pictures of original '71 "Cudas and tried to match their badges.  That is a PLYMOUTH badge that was made for a '71. 

DSC_1164_zpsab073e8e.jpg

While i like the direction it was going not a fan of stick on body mods.

Yea, I understand.  I never was either.  They are done pretty well and really look OEM in person, so that makes up for it somewhat...

I copied the paint scheme on the grill of a 1971 "Cuda. 

I hear ya, but then you should have the rear be silver/white as well. Obviously your car, my opinion, but the black would look awesome on that thing.

I hear ya, but then you should have the rear be silver/white as well. Obviously your car, my opinion, but the black would look awesome on that thing.

Gotcha.  Understood.  You may very well be right.  I am not sure what you are referring to on the rear?  Could you post a link to a picture if you get time or just a picture.  I would be very interested.

Anyway, the grills are not that expensive...  I may have to get another and paint it black.  One thing that I like a lot about the AFR products is they are not too crazy expensive at least compared to some of the stuff I used to buy for my former Viper. 

Anyway, the grills are not that expensive... I may have to get another and paint it black. One thing that I like a lot about the AFR products is they are not too crazy expensive at least compared to some of the stuff I used to buy for my former Viper.

?? I just got a quote for a grill from him. I almost fell over

?? I just got a quote for a grill from him. I almost fell over

Quality low production products are always more expensive than people would think. 

For all the work in development, testing, making molds, fitting, re-working, etc., that has to be done even before the first part is made is very costly in time and materials.  Then after everything is finalized there is time and materials for producing the part. 

I have more of an understanding of this due to my profession as a college professor who teaches cost accounting.  While I do not expect people to fully understand my area of expertise like I probably know virtually nothing and am most likely ignorant in whatever field you are in, it would be helpful to everyone if people understood why things cost what they do.  I do not mean that statement in an offensive way.  If it is too expensive then just walk away like you did.    

I like it a lot, I just don't like the rear bumper.

Thanks.  This experience has been very interesting.  By that I mean that I have had almost every part of the mod considered the best part by different people including the bumper.  My favorite part is the grill, and then the hood. 

I like everything except the color of the inner part of the grille -- I think the lightness of the inside of the grille (grey? white?) is a bit glaring - it rather draws the eye to it. 

If the color were darker, say the same red as the rest of the car, or black, like the standard bezel, I think it would look even tighter.

I like everything except the color of the inner part of the grille -- I think the lightness of the inside of the grille (grey? white?) is a bit glaring - it rather draws the eye to it. 

If the color were darker, say the same red as the rest of the car, or black, like the standard bezel, I think it would look even tighter.

Exactly. The black I am talking bout on the rear is between the tailights. With the grill white, and nothing else white, it just doesn't flow as well to me.

Over all it looks very nice. Need to put the stock Challenger exhaust tips on if you're looking for the retro look.  Cuda' came with single square opening, Challengers had the dual.  

can you post pic's of the super charger set up?  Is the shaker still functional?  I want to run a supercharger and keep the functional shaker as well.  I also have the AFR setup