Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Georgethedog

Cuda Build Finished

72 posts in this topic

71 Cuda had the argent silver grill and blackout tail treatment, so grill and tail panel were different colors.  Not sure without seeing, but thinking the grill inserts in flat black might look better / be less noticeable?  Flat black would draw less attention to the grill than the silver, but that might be bad instead of good?

I always loved the 70-style hockey stick stripe, but that is what bugs me with the Cuda conversions.  Just personal preference, but I never can get past wanting the straight Cuda crease line down the side instead of the curved Challenger crease line.  

Exactly. The black I am talking bout on the rear is between the tailights. With the grill white, and nothing else white, it just doesn't flow as well to me.

The grill is actually the original argent silver.  I did look again and it does look more like white.  In person it is a much darker silver.  The sun was shining on it so it looked white.  I will see if I have a better picture.  Yea, if it was white it would look really bad, but since I see it in person it isn't close to white. 

can you post pic's of the super charger set up?  Is the shaker still functional?  I want to run a supercharger and keep the functional shaker as well.  I also have the AFR setup

Yes, I have a couple and will post them when I have more time.  The SC does not show up much because the shaker covers most of it.  Yes, the shaker is still functional. 

71 Cuda had the argent silver grill and blackout tail treatment, so grill and tail panel were different colors.  Not sure without seeing, but thinking the grill inserts in flat black might look better / be less noticeable?  Flat black would draw less attention to the grill than the silver, but that might be bad instead of good?

I always loved the 70-style hockey stick stripe, but that is what bugs me with the Cuda conversions.  Just personal preference, but I never can get past wanting the straight Cuda crease line down the side instead of the curved Challenger crease line.  

In person the grill is killer.  That is the first thing that draws people to the car at shows and I have a lot of positive comments about how it looks.  I think black would look great too, but it may just disappear into the rest of the grill. 

I agree about the crease line.  I always liked the Cuda design better.

Your car rocks!! Except for the rear bumper guards. Is that paint on the white letter tires? Nice touch!

The white letters are real rubber and fit into the outline on the tire's letter.  They glue on and look just like raised white letter tires and not something that was painted or even attached.  I will check where I got them and post it in case you or someone else is interested.

^^^^^^  Bring your car to PBIR on the 15th and we will see :)

Wow, it must be nice to live in a warm climate where you can drive nice cars year round.  Your car looks awesome by the way.  Love the burnout and the lift in the front pics.

Here are a couple pictures of the 1971 Cuda showing the silver on the grill that we were trying to match.  Of course, I certainly agree that differing tastes may want to go a solid color be it black or the color of the car.  I love the convertible...

7fa7_zps918ecf3f.jpgExactstockonCudagrill_zps7e240e73.jpg

Thanks.

Oh no, I am in Nebraska, we have plenty of snow up here, usually the car is parked for around 3 or 4 months in the winter.

My car is down in Florida getting some upgrades at AMP. Flying down Saturday and racing in the event on Sunday. Going to a buddies beach house on the West coast and driving the 1600 miles home. Can't wait to get my car back :)

Best of luck in the racing event!!!  I'm in Central Illinois, so it's parked from mid-November to about mid-March or when the salt has been washed off the road by a good spring rain! 

I see you have run 11.065... Nice!  That is so close to breaking into the 10's, but as we all know cutting times is quite hard the lower you get.  Geez, I gotta get to sleep so I can wake up early to watch my kid's soccer game.  Nice chatting with you and everyone for that matter.

^^^^^^ Bring your car to PBIR on the 15th and we will see :)

I'm not racing now since I sold the procharger but you need to get out of the 11's if you wanna compete:)

Plus no way a white car can beat a yellow car.

I'm not racing now since I sold the procharger but you need to get out of the 11's if you wanna compete:)

Plus no way a white car can beat a yellow car.

I will have another 100 HP now, I hope to hell I am in the 10's. I don't see any times in the timeslip database for you, get on that. :)

I don't think 600 is that bad considering how high quality they appear to be. I may have to get one for the wifes Challenger. Its the best looking grill ive seen yet. Whats his contact info?

I don't think 600 is that bad considering how high quality they appear to be. I may have to get one for the wifes Challenger. Its the best looking grill ive seen yet. Whats his contact info?

I think you can try autoformgroup.com

Just so you know...  What you would be getting is the large center section that is between the headlights.  The rest of my front on mine is OEM except we painted all of the black piece that surrounds the headlights the color of the car and the new cuda grill so it looks like one large piece.  Many people would not have gone to that extent.  Probably the easiest and least expensive way to make this look good is to paint it the same black as the stock grill. That way it would match all the way around it. 

The front 1/4 of the '71's were my favorite, but the 73-74 tail lights are still the best looking, IMO.

Nice work, I dig it.

Funny you should mention that...  I was at a cruise in last night and I was saying the same thing.  The 73-74 tail lights were very cool. 

I think this tread is worthless with out boobies lol

I have an idea...  Find a picture of some boobies and stare at them for about a minute then immediately look at the car pictures and I think you will see boobies on the pictures.  It won't last so you will have to repeat...

Yes, I have a couple and will post them when I have more time.  The SC does not show up much because the shaker covers most of it.  Yes, the shaker is still functional. 

Thanks man, also what company/brand did you go with for the SC?

Thanks man, also what company/brand did you go with for the SC?

It is a Magnuson, and I am running just 6lbs. of boost since I do not want to start breaking other parts just quite yet...  Eventually, I will run more, but I don't have the money to put into beefing up drivetrain components just yet.  When I do get ready I have been told this is the best forum for ideas on such things!  Thanks for asking!