Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Georgethedog

Cuda Build Finished

72 posts in this topic

I wish I had a second challenger to make a convertible. But that mod is not cheap.

talk about,  i believe it is in the area of around $17k for them to do it.

Good looking car, but screaming for new wheels. :)

YES it is.

The Challengers body line are great for a convertible, love the idea of it, but that car leaves a lot to be desired for me. Love the concept, has quality work done, but with the side banner, wheels, stance & chrome trim/silver side vents...it looks a little feminine to me. That car has a lot of potential though...    

The Challengers body line are great for a convertible, love the idea of it, but that car leaves a lot to be desired for me. Love the concept, has quality work done, but with the side banner, wheels, stance & chrome trim/silver side vents...it looks a little feminine to me. That car has a lot of potential though...

Yeah I have never been a big fan of the billboard and Crome wheel.

LMAO @ John...

It's not that the wheels are small...the car needs to be dropped about an inch and a half and it'll sit far more aggressively and close up that chuck wagon gap.  Wheels will look plenty big.  Changing out the chrome clads would be a nice touch, but they guy may be saving up given what he spent on the other mods.  Looks pretty clean, but I agree with the chrome comment.  Some black woudl be tight!

HS

LMAO @ John...

It's not that the wheels are small...the car needs to be dropped about an inch and a half and it'll sit far more aggressively and close up that chuck wagon gap.  Wheels will look plenty big.  Changing out the chrome clads would be a nice touch, but they guy may be saving up given what he spent on the other mods.  Looks pretty clean, but I agree with the chrome comment.  Some black would be tight!

HS

this member of ours is a lawyer in Alexandria. He recently sold a restored 68 cuda convertible.  so I would believe money is no object.  but we hardly see him at any of the shows,

factory 20" chrome clads.

I used to have a set. if you look at my sig pics.

I see.  Well, I looked again.  Lowering would help, but maybe wider tires on the rear.  They just looked recessed in the quarter panel--maybe it is an illusion because of the billboard?

looks like a Mr. Norms car. Could use some better looking wheels for sure. I would love to have a drop top in my collection. Could always use another color in the driveway.

looks like a Mr. Norms car. Could use some better looking wheels for sure. I would love to have a drop top in my collection. Could always use another color in the driveway.

Get out the check book. Just have to find one in a color you don't already have. 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Challenger-Yellow-Jacke-Yellow-Jacket-Convertible-6-4L-Leather-Power-Black-Hemi-used-Rare-Low-/171123395677?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item27d7bfcc5d&vxp=mtr#ht_16111wt_838

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Challenger-R-T-2009-dodge-challenger-convertible-custom-/190898159965?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2c726ac15d&vxp=mtr#ht_646wt_1005

Here are a couple of pictures of my AFR Cuda build.  I still have a couple minor items left though...  There were a few members on here that wanted to see the final product while others hate the idea... lolWhatever your opinion, here it is... Enjoy or throw-up...

DSC_1167_zps78921709.jpg

DSC_1191_zps9c168a8d.jpg

DSC_1150_zps6adcd9de.jpg

DSC_1158_zps55cb78df.jpg

I think this is very nicely done and I like it because it's Red........just like my first Mopar car a 73 Barracuda.

Thanks for sharing!

Linda :)

Looks pretty good, personally I would ditch the mud flaps and put the stock rear spoiler back on.

Yes, next spring I am going to get rid of the mud flaps and go with some clear bra material.  I do like the spoiler.  It looks really good in person.  The 2-D pictures don't do it justice. 

Saw he was thinking of selling it.........

Well, maybe.  My brother would like to buy it.  If he buys it I would still have access for some shows and to drive it every once in a while.  My problem is I love cars when I am working on them and fixing them up the way I like it, but then I get sick of them when I am done...  It's a sickness that needs professional help I assure you... 

I have thought about selling it and using the money to front fund my two kid's college funds.  However, my wife says we are ok without the money from it so now I may keep it a while.  I would really like to get a Gen 4 Viper, but they are still quite expensive.  I really like the "Street Serpent" Viper.  The convertibles are unbelievable looking!  They basically designed a rear end that looks like the Viper coupe and put it on the convertible.  It is also wider by (I think) 4 inches, and shorter by a couple.   

So, for now I am storing it for the winter because the weather is already getting crappy in Central Illinois.  I would love to take whatever I have to the show in Kentucky and meet some of you guys.