Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Lowwlife

Lowwlife's 200Mph Quest

1,016 posts in this topic

Don't use the melling imo. Do you guys need that crank I have sitting at Castillo?

Sorry andy I forgot to ask adam. Have you had a bad experience with these pumps andy?

Sorry LL, been behind on this one. Damn dude, that shit is looking good! Can't wait to see this thing come together. You decided to go 392 right? What CR?

Thanks john it's getting close bro. Yeah 393 B)

There have been some quality issues over the past year that question the melling pump. Everyone is using a stock pump nowadays. I have a melling but I built mine in 09. There have been a few failures of the melling

There have been some quality issues over the past year that question the melling pump. Everyone is using a stock pump nowadays. I have a melling but I built mine in 09. There have been a few failures of the melling

Thanks for the heads up mike :)

If you do use the Melling make sure the pick up tube is bolted to the main stud.....that is critical.

Thanks eric I'll past that info over to adam B)

Ouch! BAM!

;) OBoy! Ok guys just spoke to Adam about the pump. It's a melling pump but manley ports ,flows etc.... and sells it under there name. I'll post more pics when I get home.

the fastest LX in the world is a 370 and my 370 still whips your ass :P

for now it is and take that bottle off and run on just 17lbs to my 13 ;)

7746fdf6-9aba-424e-a08b-f0196882155.gif

lol OBoy! Ok guys just spoke to Adam about the pump. It's a melling pump but manley ports ,flows etc.... and sells it under there name. I'll post post more pics when I get home.

manley dont make me feel any more warm and comfy either

Karl, what I like is you're building a full on race car that could easily be a show car. Nice job dood.

Gotta make it BLING!! J Dirty things bother me bro, and don't say OCD LAMO!

If the crank is going to Castillo from K1, it will not be a 392/393.

Does the 3.795 stroke change during shipping Andy ;) Ok I'll bite!

for now it is and take that bottle off and run on just 17lbs to my 13 lol

nope need the bottle to keep things cool, maybe go to 14psi and 250,

theres plenty left in it just the way it is

'll have the belt slip fixed soon then we should get a 9.5 out of it before any more changes

for now it is and take that bottle off and run on just 17lbs to my 13 lol

i'll spank you with out the bottle just like I spanked Big AL

take that 426 out put a 370in with 17 psi and will see who goes faster

you know who's next to go down to SRT5939 all of them will go down next hit. the only one that will be faster than me will be Mike@DTP

Does the 3.795 stroke change during shipping Andy lol Ok I'll bite!

Considering Castillo is a crank grinder, I assumed you were having the crank offset ground. He can also gas nitride a crank, but thats already done at K-1 so I ruled that out. If you are just wanting to harden it, go with ION nitriding. The two cranks in this pic have been offset ground and ion nitrided. Gives it a blue tint.

Untitled-4.jpg