Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Truckzilla46

Trinity Monitoring/data Logging Advanced Knowledge Needed

47 posts in this topic

Ok so just to remind everyone I have a 2006 msrt with a vvt 392 with a flashed 2010 challenger rt ecm.

Well having 2 issues. 

1 I wanted to fool around with drag tree and motion start and it damn thing thinks I am doing 255 mph when parked and in  gear just dont matter.

2 the monitoring is not auto bringing data up but rpm and the rest say unspecified.

So I have the trinity set for vehicle that matches the ecm so all is well there.

On to the next thing data logging. I need to send a couple data logs to aj for fixing some minor bugs and I want to make sure its a good tune. Seems rich to me. So I dont want to poke aj for every step guy seems to have a busy plate. So It looks to me that you just set up the things you want to log?

Thanks for any help all in advance.

Man I'm not sure on this one.  It likely has something to do with the PCM flash, but that's just a guess.

To data log, you go in and setup dashboards for what you want to log.  Add pids to each page and save it.  Then when you want to log, you choose data logging, the use a saved layout and pick the one you created.

Thanks for the responses. Video helped and also assured me there is a issue. When I go to data log and select a tuner dash ( anyone don't matter which I choose) all gauges say unspecified and record button is light colored indicating it can't be selected. Same as when I monitor .

Now here is where I am confused diablo pretty much is stumped and kinda washed Their hands saying it's not a stock car and highly modified . Ya ya this us true but.... I can plug my plx dm100 in and it brings the info up from ob2 port no issues. Posted Image

It has to be something with the trinity settings. I have this combo in other vehicles without an issue. In the menu I suggest changing vehicle type again. Change it to a 2007 magnum srt8. See if it resolves the issue. Are you using any type of obd splitter?? If you are that can likely be the problem.

Hope this helps

AJ

Didnt work.. Ok couple things. I did try going back to go back the 2006 msrt and rt selection and I did notice it does bring up the proper gauges in data log form but nothing moves except the rpm and it will let me data log except  nothing but rpm moves . I then went and pluged my plx back in.

That’s a quick vid I took.  I am going to try and plug the trinity into wifes  09 charger once  I unmarry my car to see if the trinity is the issue.

Ok update. Works flawless on wife's charger. Now I did purposely set it to 2006 msrt also to see if it creates the same unspecified gauges it did. So with that I feel we are just needing a vehicle selection that works . That's my only guess???

That makes sense. AJ should have some suggestions. The tool looks for PIDs based on the CALID entered I'm betting.

Yeah I feel like I am on a scavenger hunt for the correct selection lol