Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ostmike

Sct Tuning For Gen 3 Hemi's? - I Just Got A Dealer Email

47 posts in this topic

I am currently a SCT dealer for Ford's and just received and email that SCT officially annouced tuning for 1996-2012 Mopars. I know they were talking about this several month's ago but never heard anything more.

This definately caught me off guard. Anyone else here know anything?

They told me they were working with another tuner on here to get this out so I know they were serious -  but I don't know if he wants to remain anonymous or not....

If they release the "Pro Tuner" package (like they have for the Fords) this could be a big deal for those of you who want to attempt tuning your own car.

Just looking for more info? Here's what I received:

SCT Releases Advantage III Custom Tuning Software for most '96-'12 Dodge / Chrysler / Jeep vehicles!

• Control 100's of vehicle parameters
  • Complete Control of PCM for Tuning NA & Power Adder Vehicles
  • Windows Based Software
  • Complete Dealer Training
  • Automatic software updates
  • Dedicated Dealer Phone Support
  • On-line Support Forum
  • Best Technical Support in the industry

SCT has formally released of our Advantage III Custom Tuning Software for Dodge /Chrysler / Jeep vehicles. Using SCT's Advantage III Custom Tuning software & SCT's X3 Power Flash (part #: 3200) programmer, SCT dealers can now custom tune most 1996-2012 Dodge / Chrysler / Jeep vehicles.

Contact your SCT Sales Representative for More Details or to Order your DCX Package Today!
Ask about our DCX Custom Tuning Special!

SCT X3 POWER FLASH CUSTOM TUNING DEVICE FOR DODGE / CHRYSLER / JEEP

SCT X3 Power Flash for '96-'12 DCX Vehicles - PN: #3200

• Stores up to 10 Custom Tunes
  • Dyno Mode Adjustment
  • Most 1996 - 2012 DCX Vehicles Supported
  • Datalog DCX Vehicles using SCT's LiveLink Software

SCT LIVELINK DATA Logging Software Now Supports Dodge / Chrysler / Jeep Vehicles

SCT LiveLink Data Logging Software for DCX Vehicles

• Datalog DCX Vehicles using SCT's Updated LiveLink Software
  • Monitor Hundreds of Dodge / Chrysler / Jeep vehicle parameters using the most advanced data logging software available
  • SCT's LiveLink Data Logging Software is a FREE

wow about time we got some options

The email came from sales@sctflash.com so I assume it's legit. Like I mentioned, when I spoke to them a few months back they said they were working on releasing this and mentioned another tuner who they were working with. I was hoping he would chime in here but I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to call my SCT rep and get the scoop.

Interesting.  Options are a good thing for this platform and will cause a higher level of quality for what's available.  The Ford guys sure seem happy with SCT.  Maybe I can actually have a tool to load tunes and data log :)

Hemifever and FlyinRyan mentioned this on the Dakota R/T forum yesterday as well.

SCT had their Pro Racer Package out for the Dakotas/Jeeps/Rams for a while with the older X2 tuners. I hope they newer version is a lot better as the original PRP software wasn't the best. SCT's support was, um, "lacking" to say the least. It was nothing like what the Ford guys had.

Spoke to my rep this morning. I should have a calid unlocked today and may be doing some testing next week.

Speedy - you will be happy to know it's your CALID I requested an "unlock" for :)

Hoping to test on my 2011 Ram next week.

Spoke to my rep this morning. I should have a calid unlocked today and may be doing some testing next week.

Speedy - you will be happy to know it's your CALID I requested an "unlock" for :)

Mike:

I just looked at This for you. The Tables that you need to make the  adjustments for Speedy are not yet mapped out. I will make sure that it gets done.

Thanks

AJ

Mike:

I just looked at This for you. The Tables that you need to make the  adjustments for Speedy are not yet mapped out. I will make sure that it gets done.

Thanks

AJ

Well thank you! Did my rep contact you? Also, will I be good to go on my 11 Ram?

What is the CAL ID for the ram?? Your rep didn't contact me but I saw the post so I took a look. Ill look at the Ram as well to see how it lays out in Advantage. I speak with them several times a day.

Thanks

AJ

SWEET!

Mike:

Thanks

AJ

Thanks AJ.  Fingers crossed this opens up some new doors for the platform.

Here's what the dealer catalog looks like related to DCX's. I realize this is new so it appears all of the normal "options" we have for the Mustangs are N/A for now. 

The catalog also states that the "Pro Racer Package" will be available for the DCX's. To me this is a REALLY big deal for the folks that want to take on tuning their own cars. If I was a serious racer that felt I could handle the learning curve for OBD II style EFI tuning I would be all over this like white on rice! 

I can't paste the catalog for some reason? here's the direct link: http://www.sctflash.com/PDF/SCT_2014_Catalog_App.pdf?utm_source=MailingList&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SCT+Releases+DCX+Custom+Tuning

Is there an advantage of the SCT software over Diablos?

It's really too early to tell since the tuning devices aren't even publicly available yet :)

My SCT rep is working to get me one to test with ASAP. Last I heard it was going to be 24-48 hours before they ship but he just emailed me and said he may be able to work something out to get me one sooner.

Right now Diablosport is the only option and has done us good. However, I feel that competition makes everything better!