Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

CruzKing

Don't Be Left Out Pig Prom On Friday Night. Please Sign Up 4 Food.

43 members have voted

1. 1. Will you commit to BBQ this CF5??

• Yes i will and need one plate
    • Yes i will and need two plates
    • Yes i will and need three or more plates
    • NO i will go out to eat and get a DUI

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
105 posts in this topic

Not many days left to sign up for the BBQ.  its the best food around without getting in trouble. pig is good.... <3

Just sayin, if y'all want to have  FOOD PLEASE SIGNUP, so the pitmaster knows how much food to have at CF5.

Oh and lets give Richard a thank you as he will be providing food at the track on Saturday...

Ok folks.... Friday night parking lot was BBQ night the last few years, just wondering if you want to do it again for CF5.  this year will be pay as you go... last year Richard took a small loss since folks who thought they were interested didn't buy for whatever reason and he had a lot of leftover food. 

No i'm not going to cut any cake this year so just keep that crap to yourself...

This year I want y'all who say yes to back it up with buying.  thanks CruzKing.

The BBQ is good. What do you mean pay as you go, pay in advanced? I would have a pay in advance as close to CF as you can so the vendor will have a good count. Too many people say they are going to the event that never show up.

Paying in advance is too difficult ,at Cf 3 we were sponsored by members and a vendor so it was a free BBQ and we hit the guarantee number within 2 or 3 plates(149)  the PitMaster and everyone was happy.  Cf 4 was a different story, folks signed up and didn't buy .  The Pitmaster took a loss, hopefully whoever says yes this year will stand up and purchase their plates. Yes he will collect at the event, please only commit what you will actually pay for.

I'm sure Richard(the PitMaster ) will be careful how much food he will bring this year based on how many sign up. PM me if you have any questions or suggestions.  Gregory

Well that's not too different for him than doing a Fair or something like that, only issue would be him being careful based on last year and running out of food.

Will get that in a week or so. Last two years we had BBQ ribs, chicken or pulled pork, and sides and a soft drink . I think it was $16 a plate don't know yet what it will be this coming year. i'll have the menu and prices next week I hope.

Greg, the BBQ guy could setup a PayPal or just post the one he has currently and collect the monies ahead of time if he wanted.  That'd be the easiest way to go, then he could bring BBQ to feed the folks that payed up, plus a bit extra for those that just show up and aren't really on forums and what not.  That's what I'd do if I were him.

The food he brings is very good and the staff are great.

I might recommend that we flip the BBQ setup around this year so it is facing the event. Not that it was hard to find, but if you were in the main part of the lot, it was a bit out of sight, out of mind. 

I might have inadvertently stiffed him a bit last year, since I generally like to buy some contingency plates for local LEO's and Hotel people that want to come eat, but with the pay as you go that's a bit hard to make happen. This year maybe I'll just pay him some extra up front to cover as I will be happy to cover any local officers that want to come by and eat. 

From the PitMaster:

I will just set this one up like a festival or something.  If you can give me an idea of how many people you think will be there a couple weeks ahead of time and I will bring food for that many. I will take into consideration of last years amount as well and adjust the food.  i think it would just be hard to track who has paid and who hasn't with the Pay Pal account. Also we would love to come sell at the track if we are allowed to. Just let me know if that is an option. also if you want to keep the Same menu as last year, we can keep the same cost per person as last year.  $16.00 a plate (adult) and $10.00 for kids. 

Pick two meats, 2 sides, and a drink for the meal. 

Menu:

Meat:

Baby Back Ribs

BBQ Chicken

Pulled Pork BBQ

Sides:

Baked Beans

Cajun BBQ Corn

Potato Salad

Drinks:

Lemonade

Soda (Pepsi Products)

Sound good Greg.  Yes we'd love to have him at the track and yes he is allowed.  That will give people some options over the track food of so so hamburgers and hot dogs.

Last year was my first experience but I agree with Chuck, give him a better location. It was an awkward spot last year just to get around the fence and over to him. 

yup will do.^^^^^^

Richard is a good guy, even though last years wasn't good for him , he is ready and willing to do it again.  Also wants to do the track the next day. Jay says that works . So he will have a second chance to sell , and I will be talking to him about the track food. will update when I get some more info..CK.

Greg, suggest he do something inexpensive at the track like BBQ sandwiches and chips or something a long those lines.  $6 a meal or something would work out really well I think.  When we get closer to time you and I can look at the parking lot and pick a nice location for him.  We'll need to know if he runs a generator or things like that due to noise, I can't remember from last year.

Greg, suggest he do something inexpensive at the track like BBQ sandwiches and chips or something a long those lines.  $6 a meal or something would work out really well I think.  When we get closer to time you and I can look at the parking lot and pick a nice location for him.  We'll need to know if he runs a generator or things like that due to noise, I can't remember from last year.

getting ash all over the cars the year before is why he was moved away from the parking lot, but that is up to you guys.

getting ash all over the cars the year before is why he was moved away from the parking lot, but that is up to you guys.

I had forgotten about that.  I'll take a look and see how we can avoid that and still give him a bit better location than last year.