Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hemi57

Texas Mile Mach 2014

62 posts in this topic

March registration opens Jan 19, 2014 at 2 PM.

158.jpg
S.gif
Registration Opens on Sunday, January 19th at 2PM CST

Registration for the March 21-23, 2014 Texas Mile opens on January 19th at 2PM, CST!

Once registration is open a link will appear on your profile page on the Texas mile Website. In order to register you must sign in to your profile.

If you don't already have a Texas Mile profile you will need to create one in order to register for the event. Your profile will save all of your personal information, medical information, and car or bike information. Click here to sign up for a profile. Once your profile is created registering for the event is as easy as a few clicks of the mouse. Please make sure to fill out each page completely. After you submit payment you will get a confirmation page as well as a confirmation email. 

I recommend signing into your profile and updating it before registration opens. If you have trouble logging in click on the "forgot username" link on the login page; once you have your user name click on the "forgot password" link on the login page to get your password.

Once you are registered please fax in your license paperwork. If you already have a Texas Mile license than you DO NOT need to fax in your license paperwork. Make sure to bring your hard card license with you to the event and present it to registration so that we can check you in.

Those registering from outside of the United States will need to call me to register. Please call me once registration has officially opened online. I cannot register anyone early.

Hotels in Beeville, sell our really fast for the event weekend so get yours reserved today! Below is a list of hotels in the area, make sure to mention that you will be attending The Texas Mile when reserving your room.

The Hampton Inn

(361)362-2100

301 South Hall St. Beeville, Texas 78102

Belmont Inn & Suites

2180 U.S. 59 Beeville, Texas 78102

Best Western Texan Inn

(361) 358-9999

2001 E. Hwy 59 Beeville, Texas 78102

Limited Availability.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites

(361)358-7300

2199 Highway 59 East Beeville, Texas 78102

Alternate Accommodations:

Motel 6

(361)358-4000

400 U.S. 181 Bypass Beeville, Texas 78102

Hancock House Bed & Breakfast

(361)318-0339

401 S. Kathleen Beeville, Texas 78102

El Camino Motel

(361)358-2141

1500 N. E. Washington St. Beeville, Texas 78102

Esquire Motel

(361)358-4451

3609 N. St. Mary's Beeville, Texas 78102

Star Lite Motel

(361)358-4118

1211 N. St. Mary's St. Beeville, Texas 78102

Best Western

(361) 645-3100

745 East Pearl Street Goliad, TX 77963

For more information on where to stay and what to eat in Bee County check out http://texasmile.net/lodging.php

If you have any issues when registering online please give me a call (281) 303-1844. I am always available on my cell or via email info@texasmile.net .

Let me know if you have any questions. We hope to see you all very soon!

S.gifS.gif

Jessica Reyna
J & S Matus Motorsports, Inc.
Director of Customer Experience
281-303-1844
info@texasmile.net

"Come early and stay late at The Texas Mile!"

Insurance Issue...

215.jpg     

Hello Texas Mile Participants & Fans,

We need your immediate help to keep The Texas Mile going. The Bee Development Authority (BDA) approved the contract for The Texas Mile 2014 events. This is good news; however, the BDA did not vote to lower the insurance requirement. We provided the BDA with compelling evidence that proved the Motorsport Industry Standard for insurance is $5 million dollars. Even with the provided evidence the BDA chose to keep the insurance policy the same. We must maintain an insurance policy that is ten times the amount of normal requirements from similar type of facilities and events. It is a 50 million dollar insurance policy which has an exorbitant premium. The policy adds an annual burden of $105,000. We have typically paid around $15,000 to $25,000 of the premium and HOT FUNDS covered $80,000. This money is a significant amount

In 2012 & 2013 The City of Beeville helped The Texas Mile by allocating hotel/motel tax funds (HOT Funds) to help with 80% of the insurance premium cost. They agreed to do this because of two reasons:
1. The insurance requirement is unique to Chase Field in Beeville and not required at any other similar venue or motorsports facility and
2. The Texas Mile events have a significant economic impact on the City of Beeville.

On January 14th, Shannon and Jessica presented at The City Council meeting in Beeville to request Hot Funds for the 2014 Texas Mile Insurance policy. The City Council discussed the request at length and concluded that they no longer want to allocate funds for the insurance policy or resources that have assisted with course maintenance.

The insurance requirement adds a significant expense to the event and is obviously a vital and required part. Therefore, we are seeking sponsorship towards the cost of the insurance which we will be collecting before registration opens on January 19th. In order to open registration we have to have confidence that the insurance policy will be covered.

Insurance Sponsorships will be set up so the sponsor can input the amount they want to commit. There will be a minimum sponsorship amount of $500.00 but we will not limit the amount that any 1 sponsor can contribute.

We need:

• 10 sponsors at $10,000 each or
  • 20 at $5,000 each or
  • 40 at $2,500 each or
  • 100 at $1000 each

This sponsorship is different than the normal sponsorship packages we promote. We still need your regular event sponsorship. The insurance support sponsorship helps to ensure we are able to have the 2014 events.

We know that many of you have built your cars specifically for this event and that some of you have built your business around this event and its longevity. We also know that many of you look forward to this event twice a year as part of your family's vacation. We want to do everything we can to make sure that the event continues. With our 10 Year Anniversary in our rear view we look back at all of the obstacles we have overcome and know that there is still hope for the future. We ask you to join us in this fight to save The Texas Mile.

How to Sponsor:

Click on this link to sponsor https://www.texasmile.net/profile.php?view=sponsorship

THANK YOU for YOUR CONSIDERATION IN THIS MATTER.

Warm Regards,

Shannon Matus &

Jessica Reyna

The Texas Mile

281-303-1844

info@texasmile.net

Yep and yep.  The insurance issue came up a year and a half or two ago.  They managed it and the city council grew a brain.  Looks like they went dumb again...too bad.  The event clearly has a significant impact on the city and brings it notoriety.  I expect they may be thinking they need less of that now that some drilling is happening nearby.  Short sited at best if that's so.

HS

I will miss this event as it falls on an already scheduled RV event. Considering the wife has not been able to go much of anywhere since having both hips replaced its her time.

Go getum Lisa.

Got this email.....

PM_GDE_OuterCornerTL.png
239.png 

Skid-O-Kan is offering all Texas Mile Participants and Fans RV/Motorhome Grey & Black Water Removal for $100

Make sure to call ahead and let them know you want thier service:
361-883-6642
Ask for Nori or Tiffany

For that kinda money I hauled my 55 gallons of shit home and maybe some of yours..... :wacko:  lol

Got my first pass in late this evening!  It was awesome...

texasmile.jpg

Okay the pass was in a golf cart after the driver's meeting...

Got to the field about 5pm and by 6:30ish was registered, car tech'd, 1 run down the strip to get the layout so will be ready to go in the morning!  Thanks to Jack and Mike got good guidance to get stuff done quickly.  Ready for that license pass first thing in the morning!