Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

JS1977

392/6.4 Intake Manifold On A 5.7

61 posts in this topic

Will this work with an 09 R/T and how would this work with my future Vortech install?

I also have CPR fuel rails that I purchased from Hemi57. Will they work with this setup?

Any news?

Yeah, sorry I forgot about updating this one.  So I went to my tuner Brian (Exatorq), and he put me on his Mustang dyno.  When I got the car tuned the first time, it was on SNL's dyno (not a mustang dyno).  Anyways, got on there and my fuel was WAY over compensating when the runner kicked on above 4600 RPM's (probably due to the 392 fuel pump).  So he worked his magic and got it to a nice 12.5 flow across the board.

When I left there I was at 377 RWHP 363 RWTQ which is pretty awesome considering I was way above the 6.1's that ran on it and was only 10-20 less then the 6.4's running on it.  He had put on a dyno day the week prior so it gave me a good assessment of where the car stood.

Yup, it was literally about 3 horsepower less than the average 392 from dyno day and about 15ftlbs of torque below a stock 392.  Pretty damn good if you ask me.  We ran about 8 of them across the dyno the weekend before.  I am pretty sure that with long tubes and a set of heads it would make just a hair more torque but it would certainly make more power than stock 392 and possibly more than a tuned 392.  Its all about the right combo.  If I end up keeping my mopar 12' I will put a 392 cam in it and long tubes.  That should be fun with 3.92 gears and a 3000 stall.  

Wait, you're saying that your average stock 392 dyno was only 370 rwhp? That sounds a little low. Mine dynoed stock at 412.

Also, real stupid question here, but what exactly is that window switch switching on and off?

Wait, you're saying that your average stock 392 dyno was only 370 rwhp? That sounds a little low. Mine dynoed stock at 412.

Also, real stupid question here, but what exactly is that window switch switching on and off?

No, he said 3 less then a 392 which ran 380rwhp on a mustang dyno (most accurate dyno).  The switch turns the runner from short runner to long runner just as it does in your car.

It looks as if the torque took a pretty good dip when the short runner kicked in. Did you dyno with just the long runner mode? (Short runner set at 6500 or higher) Wondering what it would have looked like in just long runner. Bswave (Brion 2010 Charger) had his dyno'd right after his cam swap at AMP and it looked as if from his dyno in just long runner that it was best to just leave it in that mode.

It looks as if the torque took a pretty good dip when the short runner kicked in. Did you dyno with just the long runner mode? (Short runner set at 6500 or higher) Wondering what it would have looked like in just long runner. Bswave (Brion 2010 Charger) had his dyno'd right after his cam swap at AMP and it looked as if from his dyno in just long runner that it was best to just leave it in that mode.

attachicon.gifSRVOverlay1_zps4cbe1baa (1).jpg

Mine was dyno'd with the short runner coming on at 4600 (at the dip).  After seeing that dyno chart it makes me wonder if I should just leave it as long runner all the way up to my redline.  I'm curious to see what it would pull on Brians dyno then.  

What is that, a dyno for ants?

lol

could you post the pic in this thread so I can see the digits?  Been waiting on a before/after sheet on the manifold for a while.

Just noticed those are both with the new manifold.  JS do you have a dyno sheet from before the install to compare?

My dynos are from two different dyno machines so you can't really compare the two. I might try and get a run on SNL's dyno (original dyno) so I can get a good estimate of power increase, but remember I've added high flow cats, a exhaust, a different CAI as well since my last dyno with the cam. So it's not really going to tell a honest assessment of the 392 intake.

We could try to switch a couple hundred rpm sooner

From the dyno I posted above, the one in long runner only, it looks as if the long runner mode works the best throughout the entire rpm range during the runs. Comparing that to Jimmy's where the short runner kicked in at 4800, if the short runner mode was set at say 5800 rpms instead of 4800 rpms,  my money is on more torque (in long runner) up to 5800 and possibly for the entire run. I will try it out on the dynojet here in knox when my TCM arrives so I can dyno past 6000. If I am right, it would be best on the 5.7L to just leave it in long runner full time. Maybe the Cams we have installed have something to do with it?

DTru- The dyno was on a very stingy Mustang dyno. His numbers are outstanding from what I have seen from this dyno.

I am Brion and the 2nd to have this setup after Arthur (FSUJD) on LXF. It runs really strong in long runner mode only, but will fall flat @5800. I had Dave @EFI dyno tweak Johan's tune to flatten out the dip. My setup was originally set @4800 RPM kick in which I liked until talking to Tacoma01 and switching to 4600. To me 4600 seems to make it pull more up top faster. I have 3.73's, and it seems that I need to shift @5800 manually in 2nd only to keep it pulling. Btw I'm currently @ 6200 shiftpoint. 6400 didn't do much difference, so I came down. And also I have a MM VVT cam/stage 2 heads/LTs not the 392 cam.