Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Speedy

So I Got An E-mail From Diablo

It says "First To Market 2014 SRT8 Charger, Challenger & 300" and says they can now tune these vehicles.

But wait, didn't Arrington do this a few weeks ago?

I'm not sure but I think the tuning for the Cam/Head package is a lot more involved than what Diablosport is implying. I could be mistaken but my truck has been at Arringtons' 8 weeks for this cam/head install and from what I'm understanding, there are adjustments that need to be made that can't be made with Diablosport. 

I'm not sure but I think the tuning for the Cam/Head package is a lot more involved than what Diablosport is implying. I could be mistaken but my truck has been at Arringtons' 8 weeks for this cam/head install and from what I'm understanding, there are adjustments that need to be made that can't be made with Diablosport.

X2, from my experience with my set-up I would have to agree with this.

Heading to Arrington on Sunday (weather permitting) for in house tuning on mine to get it nailed down.

Month old thread but I have read that Arrington replaces the PCM with a 2012 version, Diablo is stating that they can now tune the 13 and 14 PCM.

There was a thread over at CT where Mike from Diablo and someone from Steve White were discussing the difference.  

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f18/any-vendors-willing-guarantee-their-cams-hp-gains-151249/index6.html

This is the thread I am talking about.  On page 6 SteveWhiteParts starts off by saying that they have to use the 12 pcm, then Mike from Diablo steps in saying there is no need.  On page 8 AJ from Arrington steps in and explains why they use the 12 pcm.

The thread is a month old so its possible they dont swap anymore.  

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f18/any-vendors-willing-guarantee-their-cams-hp-gains-151249/index6.html

This is the thread I am talking about.  On page 6 SteveWhiteParts starts off by saying that they have to use the 12 pcm, then Mike from Diablo steps in saying there is no need.  On page 8 AJ from Arrington steps in and explains why they use the 12 pcm.

The thread is a month old so its possible they dont swap anymore.  

Thanks for the link that was an interesting read.  You'll find most folks on this forum have been around a long while with and are very familiar with these cars and what's happened with them in their respective generations/changes.  I "believe" what AJ refers to on page 8 is how they did tuning of 2011 and up cars before they had their own in house solution that uses Chrysler tools.  Back in 2011 and 2012 Arrington would swap over the whole harness and PCM to get the cars tunable.  Several folks here had that done.  This was because Dodge had encrypted the PCM with a rolling code algorithm that made them very hard to break in to.  Yay Dodge.  This started with the GPEC 2 PCM.  I believe Dodge has even changed PCMs AGAIN, but don't quote me on that one.  AJ would know for sure.

If they are still swapping PCMs or doing anything like that, I've not heard anything about it.  Arrington is one of two shops on the country that has Chrysler tools for tuning and can now access 100% of the PCM.  There were some issues with data logging and what not using their tuning, but I believe even that has been solved recently.  345_Challenger on this forum just had his tuned using this equipment and was very happy and got 561RWHP out of his R/T with a Maggie and 392 cam.  He has a thread on this forum, but I can't find it at the moment.

Thanks for the link that was an interesting read.  You'll find most folks on this forum have been around a long while with and are very familiar with these cars and what's happened with them in their respective generations/changes.  I "believe" what AJ refers to on page 8 is how they did tuning of 2011 and up cars before they had their own in house solution that uses Chrysler tools.  Back in 2011 and 2012 Arrington would swap over the whole harness and PCM to get the cars tunable.  Several folks here had that done.  This was because Dodge had encrypted the PCM with a rolling code algorithm that made them very hard to break in to.  Yay Dodge.  This started with the GPEC 2 PCM.  I believe Dodge has even changed PCMs AGAIN, but don't quote me on that one.  AJ would know for sure.

If they are still swapping PCMs or doing anything like that, I've not heard anything about it.  Arrington is one of two shops on the country that has Chrysler tools for tuning and can now access 100% of the PCM.  There were some issues with data logging and what not using their tuning, but I believe even that has been solved recently.  345_Challenger on this forum just had his tuned using this equipment and was very happy and got 561RWHP out of his R/T with a Maggie and 392 cam.  He has a thread on this forum, but I can't find it at the moment.

We are not Swapping PCM's any longer on 2013 or 2014 Cars. The 2014 in the Video was tuned on the 2014 PCM.

Thanks

AJ

We are not Swapping PCM's any longer on 2013 or 2014 Cars. The 2014 in the Video was tuned on the 2014 PCM.

Thanks

AJ

AJ, since you guys have access for PCM tuning how about for the TCM.  I had a MTCM which I bought from you guys and used with a high stall converter on my 2010 R/T and that worked great.  Now I have a 2014 SRT and would like to install the converter but have been told by several folks that the MTCM won't work with it.  I'd really like to have something similar to that MTCM to use with the new car, it made a big difference in drivability when I added it to my old car, increased the shift point and got my trap speed back up where it should be.