Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

HemiAlex

My Build: 68 Roadrunner With A 6.1 Hemi

68 posts in this topic

That's a used front cover that I grit blasted with sugar sand. It turned or really nicely.

I also soaked the 6.1 intake in purple power degreaser for a few days and it came out really nicely.

I need to find a way to restore the plastic valve covers. They have some white water spots that keep coming back. I need to try back to black or a plastic conditioner.

Bottom end with milodon oil pan kit and truck windage tray.

20c5d9e5df4b66421ad1f34b07056eaa.jpg3f04f9ce93265d6d8e6cc6417e534fbc.jpg

I was going to put a set of apaches with springs on here so I've already got more boost friendly heads, but these will work well.

This should move 3500 lbs very easily.

Motor Mocked up and assembled.

8269961-photo5.jpg

Headers clearanced and bellhousing indexed.

8276935-IMG_3207.jpg

Jeep SRT Oil filter adapter shortened.

8277963-IMG_3225.jpg

Shortened the inputshaft of the 23 spline 4 speed to fit the non-drilled 6.1 crank.

8281247-IMG_3266.jpg

Awesome build going on here!

Pardon my ignorance, but it looks like the fuel system is a pretty easy deal, what about the rest of the electronics? Thats what makes me shy away from something like this more than anything. In terms of electronics  can a lot of stuff be stripped off if its going into something like this? I would guess the 6 speed would be a better choice than the Nag 1? 

Thanks for sharing

Motor Mocked up and assembled.

8269961-photo5.jpg

Headers clearanced and bellhousing indexed.

8276935-IMG_3207.jpg

Jeep SRT Oil filter adapter shortened.

8277963-IMG_3225.jpg

Shortened the inputshaft of the 23 spline 4 speed to fit the non-drilled 6.1 crank.

8281247-IMG_3266.jpg

When you say the non drilled 6.1 crank, do you mean there is no pilot bearing ? I must be missing something here. Looking good !

You can buy a hotrod harness and run either a nag, stick or 727. Small block 727 has the same bolt pattern so any small block trans will bolt up. Including the 518 mechanical OD trans. I'm using a nag with a stand alone controller in my 68 Coronet restomod project.

J

Motor and transmission are in!

Now to snake the headers in tomorrow. I'm anxious to see if the tti's will go in without much issue.

c203f1cfe56713cf20f6872dceefd764.jpg57f0c2b58b5a07d6f0b9768d69d7753d.jpgdb1c19e304fe542166ef248f54eaaa33.jpg

Alex you could have put the motor in with the TTI's bolted to it. They go right in.

I know. They went in from the bottom just as easily though. They needed a good bit of clearaning so it took multiple tries.

I can have them in and out in about 45 mins.

When you say the non drilled 6.1 crank, do you mean there is no pilot bearing ? I must be missing something here. Looking good !

The recess in the crank is too short for the 833 input shaft. It needed even more cutting for the 833 to mate up. I was every bit of about .75" removed.

Awesome build going on here!

Pardon my ignorance, but it looks like the fuel system is a pretty easy deal, what about the rest of the electronics? Thats what makes me shy away from something like this more than anything. In terms of electronics can a lot of stuff be stripped off if its going into something like this? I would guess the 6 speed would be a better choice than the Nag 1?

Thanks for sharing

The fuel system is simple. A simple carb style low pressure fuel pump, pushing into a 1 qt accumulator, with a gsl392 pump regulated by a corvette regulator/filter. $400 or so dollars and I've got a surplus of fuel at any given time.

The engine management doesn't care about the transmission. You can run any number of purely mechanical transmissions or run a stand alone controller with an electronic trans like a 4l60 or a nag1.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/21/16bad1e8c47ee2de919778a9a826bd62.jpg[/img

As it sits right now. Cooling system is almost done using the stock classic radiator and fuel system is up next.

Progress is looking good Alex.  You have a start up file to get the car running?  I really like the software for the MS stuff.  It is pretty easy to use overall.  It should tune up nicely

The msq file installed was capable of starting a drag pack, so this 219/227 will fire off with ease.

I'm going to let auto tune do the start up work for basic a/f work. Once I get the clutch broken in I'll start applying power.

Alex you could have put the motor in with the TTI's bolted to it. They go right in.

Wow didn't know that. I didn't think they would so we didn't even try (on Alex's car- mine definitely wouldn't fit). Alex's dropped in nice but we didn't have any room to spare front to back (and tranny was pointed to the corner at first).

Does it fit like that with the Steering box and column in place? Brake booster, etc? Tranny connected?

Keep workin man! You're getting close. She's looking really good.

Wow didn't know that. I didn't think they would so we didn't even try (on Alex's car- mine definitely wouldn't fit). Alex's dropped in nice but we didn't have any room to spare front to back (and tranny was pointed to the corner at first).

Does it fit like that with the Steering box and column in place? Brake booster, etc? Tranny connected?

Keep workin man! You're getting close. She's looking really good.

only goes that way on a b-body. A body is a really tight fit.

only goes that way on a b-body. A body is a really tight fit.

Questions were for a b body: