Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

HemiAlex

My Build: 68 Roadrunner With A 6.1 Hemi

68 posts in this topic

The efi on an old car is really killer. Fired first turn of the key on the ms3 gold box at a 14.0 af right out of the box. Mike at efisource did a great job with his tune.

I'll never own another carb. This 219/227 idled at 800 rpm and I'm sure I can get it lower.

Needs the exhaust hooked up, a ps leak fixed and some odds and ends.

If you don't mind, what did that system run?. Your the first guy I've heard of that didn't battle the start up something fierce on a modern hemi with a stand alone. Thanks, Cam

$1300ish plus an mtx-l wideband.

www.efisource.com

I had trouble setting up the usb cable driver but that was purely software. I bought this system over a year ago, and now there have been a few changes.

I was worried because I have an aftermarket crank wheel, but even that didn't pose a problem.

It's a molnar crank wheel on a stock 6.1 crank. I called in a few favors when I realized my wheel was dinged up. Nobody had one, so I called Tom molnar up and he assured me I wouldn't have issues.

I then found out that jegs sells them for $50 from the drag pack book for an Oem piece.

Sorry if I'm having a extra dense day. So this was installed internal at the stock location or external at the damper. Reason I'm asking is I got a project going on here that was slated for a ls3, but I've got so much hemi stuff laying around, I'm not sure what I want to do. Yours is the first controller for the gen 3 I've heard of under 3k

An aftermarket replacement 6.1 reluctor wheel in the factory location on a factory 6.1 crank.

This is the most polished harness and computer in the megasquirt line up. It's a few wire hook up, it's running with a ground, constant 12v, switched 12v (that stays on during cranking) and an input from my wideband. That's it. Couldn't have been easier.

Not off the top of my head, but whatever a 6.1 wheel is.

He will set this system up for whatever tooth count you want in the base tune. This same basic box will also work with an ls, but he sells it as a different kit.