Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mopar408

Stock Charger Throws A P0730?

Driving along on the highway this morning when my 08 Charger throws a P0730. I look it up and it suggests an incorrect gear ratio?? WTF. Anyone have any clues? I cleared the code with my scan tool and it has not returned.....

how many miles? might be time for a fluid change and clean the VB. If enough crud gets on the magnets it will toss the code.

Sounds like it might be time for this car to visit then....

This happened on my 2012 SRT8. It turns out there was a TCM update for the issue for my year. It only occurred once on my car, but the TCM update improved the tranny's shifting, as well. This code seems to have cropped up across many LX cars and years, with issues ranging from bad TCMs to bad valve bodies. You might have some luck doing some google searches for the code for your year and model.

If the tranny slips a bit while shifting, it can throw that code. The way it was explained to me, is that if the rpm's suddenly go up faster than the car thinks they should, the trans gets confused about what gear it is supposed to be in, as opposed to what gear it really is in. My 2012 SRT8 has done it a couple times...both while I was in it hard. The tires definately were going at a higher rpm than the car thought it should be lol but more recently, third has been getting a bit, shall we say, "sloppy", and the code is more frequent. A quick trip to Auto Zone and the light is out...until I do it again! 

Definately time for a trans upgrade!

(As soon as all this wonderful snow goes away).

I don't think I want to get the car anywhere near the dealer...not with the twin turbo set-up. I'm going to have Arrington do a trans for me this Spring, along with axles, etc.. I'll see how that works, then we'll go from there.

Maybe time to switch to a stick? lol

As for the OP...I believe he has an R/T.

My truck was throwing that code, but only when towing. A smart transmission guy figured out that I had my brake controller set a little too aggressively. The torque converter was getting overworked, heating up, then slipping. Problem solved, without a part replaced.