Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toofart

Olympic Hockey =

42 posts in this topic

The NHL won eh.... Most the players in the olympics live in Canada or the US. Canada just had better Professional hockey players on their team eh... The Canadian Women won Gold... The NHL guys wearing maple leaf shirts beat the other NHL players. Meh....

The NHL won eh.... Most the players in the olympics live in Canada or the US. Canada just had better Professional hockey players on their team eh... The Canadian Women won Gold... The NHL guys wearing maple leaf shirts beat the other NHL players. Meh....

Huh?

Congrats to the Canadians. You guys (and Gals) love and live hockey, and definately deserved the wins. Hockey will never be more than a minor league sport here in the U.S., at least as not long as football (not pussy soccer),  is still being played.

I'll never forget going snowmobiling in New Liskeard, Ontario and going to a kids hockey game one night...12,000 screaming fans, watching a bunch of really talented 8-10 year olds tearing up the ice. We had a great time, and the Molson Brador didn't hurt either.

As for other than hockey...we beat Canada in medal count. We DEFINATELY showed up! :P

Huh??????

I always liked only amatuer athletes in the olympics. Instead of professional athletes with multi gazillion dollar contracts. I liked it when the everyday athlete had a chance to win a medal. Professional athletes should not be allowed to compete in the Olympics....

Thats what... :0)

That sounds great in theory, but that means you'd be telling all athletes that if they make any money from their chosen sport, that they can't compete in the Olympics?

Are you sure that you'd tune in to watch people compete who only treated their sport as a hobby? Right now, the only Olympic sports that don't have professionals competing is boxing and wrestling.

I don't understand how people decide what country to play for... I mean most of the pro hockey players were born in other countries, but they all live in the US and Canada, and make their money there, but play for the country they were born in? And there was a figure skater that was born in Michigan, trained in New Jersey, and skates for Japan.  WTF?! 

I'm going to volunteer to start a curling team for Uganda because I had a dream last night I was running naked with the lions.  Who's in?!

Oh yeah... poutine is garbage! 

:D

The olympics have become pretty much irrelevant to everyone except the athletes anyway. 

More than a billion people tuned in for the opening ceremonies in Sochi.

NBC prime time viewership in the US averaged over 20M for their Olympic coverage... Next closest was American Idol at less than 10M.

u play for the country yout born in, not live in

No no... I just said there was someone born in Michigan, trained in New Jersey, and skated for Japan, so apparently it doesn't matter where you were born. 

I don't understand how people decide what country to play for... I mean most of the pro hockey players were born in other countries, but they all live in the US and Canada, and make their money there, but play for the country they were born in? And there was a figure skater that was born in Michigan, trained in New Jersey, and skates for Japan.  WTF?! 

I'm going to volunteer to start a curling team for Uganda because I had a dream last night I was running naked with the lions.  Who's in?!

Oh yeah... poutine is garbage

:D

Excuse me?

Poutine is the ULTIMATE comfort food on a cold winters day! Poutine and Canadian Lager! It don't get better than that!

canadian-salad.jpg

Stevo

that would make no sense. sure they wernt born in japan then moved to us at a young age

I'm sure. It's starting to get ridiculous... http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/02/olympics_without_borders.html 

Excuse me?

Poutine is the ULTIMATE comfort food on a cold winters day! Poutine and Canadian Lager! It don't get better than that!

canadian-salad.jpg

Stevo

I just burped, then shit myself.  Thanks.