Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

RedlineRT

Any Gen 3 Tuners/engine Builders In Socal?

I'm looking for a tuner/engine builder that focuses on gen 3 hemi engines in Southern Ca. I've spoke with 1 so far but I'm interested in hearing everyone's opinion based on personal experience. I am about to drop a lot of money in my Challenger in the hopes of making it a competitive track car(road race) so I'm looking for pros. Thanks guys.

That's a great question.  Lot of drama with one shop in particular which shall remain unnamed.  Motors you can get shipped no prob to SoCal.  Tuning?  Well, that's a bit more challenging.  I'm an Arrington fan as they've helped me push the envelope and the motors are real solid.  hemituner tunes my car as do a couple of others at Arrington for the street stuff. I'm sure others will chime in...

HS

Nope, worth mentioning anyway.

If you're willing to go out of State for a Engine and Email tuning you will have better success.

Spankentimes, there I said it Sam. I heard he sucks. 

Call Karl he lives there and will give you sound advise. 

or call Cam at crank this performance he lives there also.

There's a place in southern washington, build motors, Transmissions, cnc heads and tune...a bit of a drive for u though...Guys in Canada/oregon/wash go there...

There's a place in southern washington, build motors, Transmissions, cnc heads and tune...a bit of a drive for u though...Guys in Canada/oregon/wash go there...

That's a bit far from SoCal :)

I've heard the guys at Ditos Motors in South San Francisco are good, but I haven't dealt with them personally, and that even may be too far for you. Best bet might be Crank This, like John said.

I had my charger tuned by Adam at spankin time in San Bernardino and ran my best 1/4 mile. I also worked with Ryan at stack performance in Orange County but last time I was there he didn't have access to a dyno. Previous experiences were good though.

I had my charger tuned by Adam at spankin time in San Bernardino and ran my best 1/4 mile. I also worked with Ryan at stack performance in Orange County but last time I was there he didn't have access to a dyno. Previous experiences were good though.

I found Stack performance online but it seems their phone is no longer a working number as well as their last Facebook post being from 2012 which leads me to believe that they are closed down.

Starting to look at Alum block Mopar perf. Crate motors but they are definitely priced on the higher end. Definitely seems worth it but not quite in my budget. I figured a well versed engine builder might be able to build something for at least a few k less.

I doubt that you will find a less expensive motor from a local builder. If you do I'd be concerned about the quality of the motor. The parts all come from the same manufacturers with the same prices, and honestly I'd want someone familiar with a Gen III to do work on a block I just paid $4k for. If you absolutely need a local builder check out CMW in SoCal, but they will be anything but cheap.