Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DevilDogge

Beech Bend

29 posts in this topic

Speedy, Howie [YellowJacket], Phil[ when he gets his car finished], & myself get to BG about 5-6 times a year. Jay & I talked Sunday about going back in a couple of weeks. Maybe weekend after Easter. I will have to check their schedule. We try to go in the spring & the fall when the weather is cooler. It is a two & a half hour drive for me trailering the car. You  guys are welcome to meet up with us any time we go. We are usually the only challengers there & we love to whip up on camaros & mustangs. We even surprise some of the guys with all out drag cars.

Sounds good! Give me a yell, and I'll try to make it down.  It's a 2 hour drive for me just north of Louisville.  If I start going enough, maybe I can talk the wife into letting me get slicks. ;)

If we make it back in a couple of weeks I have a set of M&H DRs on cobra R wheels I will bring. You can slip them on & see how better your car will run. You will be very surprised.

I only live an hour form there - I'm in

Woz, 

I think there's some guys going to Beech Bend this Saturday night.  I'll be there, for sure. 

Throw the axles in one night this week and come on out. It'll be like a miniature Challengerfest! 

I broke mt RT axle at CF5 and I just received the GForce set. I am trying to take time off work to get them installed. I probably won't make this one but I do plan on being there after I get the axles and stroker motor installed. 

So how many of you guys are going for sure? My first time down the track was at challengerfest and it was a blast (did 12 runs). I wouldn't mind doing it again.

My family and I will be there, unless it decides to rain.  Last time I checked the forecast showed a 0% chance, so that means there's a possibility it could rain.

Had a good time with the wife and kids last night.  Thanks to Speedy for meeting up and giving me the pointers on the slicks.  He said I wouldn't be ready for the first launch on them, and I sure as hell wasn't ready for that lol.  

Hit the road and a few miles on the interstate, ended up gashing the right front tire around the edge and sidewall at 11:30pm.  I took the spare tire out to fit the slicks in before we came down.  Ended up putting the right back tire on the right front, took the back left off, and put the slicks on and drove 120 miles to get home.   Suck! 

Dang Tim, sorry to hear of the trouble.  Good to have another Challenger at the track with me last night and good to meet your lovely wife and kids.  Sorry we didn't get more time to just hang out and talk cars, when I get to the track for testing I'm all business.

When I get this clutch straightened out we'll had back and hopefully Greg and Howie can join us.

Looking forward to another trip down there.  Good luck with the clutch... I know I'd hate to have to change it because of a design flaw on the manufacturer's part.  Next time I'll give you the keys to the Black Beast and see what you can do with it... I know I don't have as much experience as many of you do.

That sucks. Any new pb's to report? :)

Yep. 12.4 @ 110 mph with a 1.7 60'   I posted the video to the FB group earlier.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUzketn2NKA

Jay, I got a video of your last pass.  I think it was 11 something.  Didn't know if you'd care to see it.  I can post it up if you want.

Sure.  It was 11.40 something.  I had put 93 octane tune back in the car but still took out that Mustang :)

We need to throw my skinnies on the front of yours and see how much difference it makes.  Low 1.6 60' are what I average in mine.  I'm starting to learn how to get mid 1.5s out of if now.  Our launch techniques will be a bit different since I have a PD blower and you have a centri.

Looking forward to another trip down there.  Good luck with the clutch... I know I'd hate to have to change it because of a design flaw on the manufacturer's part.  Next time I'll give you the keys to the Black Beast and see what you can do with it... I know I don't have as much experience as many of you do.

Yep. 12.4 @ 110 mph with a 1.7 60'   I posted the video to the FB group earlier.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUzketn2NKA

Jay, I got a video of your last pass.  I think it was 11 something.  Didn't know if you'd care to see it.  I can post it up if you want.

Those dang 6 speeds take some seat time, nice job on the pb.

Good stuff, thanks for posting.

Here's one with the new GoPro Hero3+ Silver.  Mustangs weren't doing to well against o'l Orange Krush last night.  Oh wait did I just type that lol

Hey guys,  sorry I could not make this trip. Had to work & could not get out of it. Hopefully I will be there next time. I hate to miss out on a trip to BG.