Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

concussion

Karma Comes Back Around Thanks To Arrington And The Driveshaft Shop

(I know this is a double post, but I wanted to make sure this was seen in both vendor sections.)

As many of you know, at Challengerfest 5 there were a couple of guys (Ray and James) who each popped an axle at the track. I had my "get me home" axles with me and had offered them up as long as I didn't break while racing. 

Well after meeting Ray and learning he had his whole family with him (son, daughter and wife) and that the closest axles were in Texas, it was a no brainer to drop out of racing and get these two cars back home under their own power. 

Helping those guys out made my weekend. I have been so fortunate with members of our Mopar family stepping up to help when I've broken down, or had problems, that I jumped at the chance to pay it forward. 

AJ jumped in to swap the axles while I put my car back to street trim, he had them wrapped up by the time I got back over to help. A huge thanks goes out to AJ for wrenching like a madman to get these guys rolling again and make his flight. 

AJ - I'm sorry I didn't know you had a flight to catch, or I would have help you swap axles before starting on my car. I owe you beers at VMP.

So after everyone is all taken care of, Eric Hruza of Arrington Performance comes over and thanks me for loaning the axles. We chat for a bit and he hands me his card requesting I contact him on Monday. Eric states that he'd like to replace the axles with ones "better than I loaned out". Well, the axles I'd loaned out were backups and showing signs of the abuse they'd taken, so I wasn't expecting much better than that.

I called Eric Monday afternoon, we chatted and he asked me about the BadWagon, wanting to know the specs, power level, and if I had any mods/builds in the works (which I do). 

Eric was secretive about what his plan was, but kept up with me asking for more information (you guys know how these cars can become a Frankenstein after 6 years of mods  lol) and letting me know that "things were coming together". Brotha, things definitely came together.

I got a text from Eric on Thursday spilling the details and I was blown away. He had gotten together with Frank at The Driveshaft Shop and they decided to put together a set of axles for me in appreciation of my good deed at CF5. Frank had his crew at DSS built a set of 700 hp axles for me! 

The axles would be ready Friday morning. I live less than an hour from The Driveshaft Shop, and Eric said I could pick them up if I wished… and I did. 

The timing was perfect as I had scheduled time to knock out some mods/maintenance on Saturday after our neighborhood yard sale. The major mod I had planned for Saturday was swapping rear ends (I've blown the clutches out of my get rag after 4 years of beating on them). 

dss-axles-001.jpg

I shot up to DSS Friday morning after dropping off Wyatt at school. It was a beautiful morning for a drive, and I arrived at DSS just as they were finishing up the axles. I hung out with the guys there for a bit, checking out the shop, the hot rod in the showroom, and talking horsepower. 

dss-axles-002.jpg

dss-axles-003.jpg

dss-axles-004.jpg

Frank has a great crew up there, cool, professional guys who obviously take pride in their work.  

The axles are sick, upgraded internals and chromoly shafts with stock casings rated to 700hp. They are perfect for my next build as I'm shooting for 650-680 rwhp. Holy molly am I stoked. 

dss-axles-005.jpg

dss-axles-006.jpg

dss-axles-007.jpg

dss-axles-008.jpg

I can't express how much I appreciate Eric and Frank's gesture. 

My car is a daily driver, taking my kids to school, me to work, my wife and I on road trips and of course I drive it to events and races. It's not a trailer queen by any stretch. These axles are the missing link in my built driveline. I can now run the car all out with the ease of mind that my driveline can take the abuse. This is a huge relief, not only to me, but my wife. 

Eric - Thank you so very much for following through and setting me up with these axles. They will truly make a difference, and are so appreciated. Your actions and consideration to bring my good deed back around speaks volumes about Arrington as you're leading from the front and showing that API shares the same values as the people who use your products in our Mopar Family.

Frank - Thank you for jumping in on this, and taking care of a local Carolina racer. DSS wasn't even at CF5, and you still wanted to set me up with these axles. As with Eric, it speaks to the high class of yourself and your business. Unfortunately I beat you to the shop on Friday, and didn't have the chance to thank you in person. I will shoot back up there soon to do so. 

I'm so excited to get these installed, but Mr. Murphy reared his head on Saturday afternoon and while I was putting the car up on jack stands, my already injured jack decide to give up the ghost. Gretchen was out with the boys and so scooting out to grab another was gonna be a couple of hours, and I was already pushing it on time. 

dss-axles-009.jpg

I was really bummed at first, but to be honest, I think it was for the best. I was worn out from the yard sale that morning (3 days of prep and purging the house and the early morning getting it all set up, etc) and had a laundry list of items to knock out. I doubt I would have had time to complete it all. I know now I was really too tired to work on the car and do it right.

So I'll swap the rear and new DSS axles in after VMP and take my time, and enjoy it.

Thank you so much Arrington and The Driveshaft Shop, it means the world to me and proves that our vendors share our Mopar family values.

Cheers,

Burls

Arrington Performance: http://www.shophemi.com/

The Driveshaft Shop: http://www.driveshaftshop.com/

Good on you Burls and thanks again for the loaner axles to me and Ray.

Glad you wont have to worry about them on yur ride anymore.

See ya at Lone Star Moparfest in Oct and I will have your loaner for you.

BTW, the 3 ton Craftsman Jacks at Sears may be on sale or if not its only around $160 for the jack, creeper, and 2 jack stand set. $119 i think just for the jack. Murray just picked one up this weekend when we started his teardown.

First of all Thanks Again for helping James and myself (Ray) out with the axles at CF5... I am so glad they gave you a set of axles and it could not have happened to a nicer guy!! Good luck with your future racing and I will be getting with you soon for some under the hood stuff. 

Ray 

Good stuff there Burls, Very cool they stepped up and took care of you ....... also very cool of you to step up

and take care of the guys in trouble at CF5

JB,

You deserved those axles for one of many selfless acts!  Wouldn't have been possible without Frank/DSS or Eric/API.  Two exceptional vendors that have done so much for the Modern MOPAR community.

I've beat on DSS's products and I can say their half shafts have taken me into third with heavy axle hop without a single break.  Customer service is bar none...we've seen it hear time and again. Good stuff!

woop2.gif

:D

HS

Good on you Burls and thanks again for the loaner axles to me and Ray.

Glad you wont have to worry about them on yur ride anymore.

See ya at Lone Star Moparfest in Oct and I will have your loaner for you.

BTW, the 3 ton Craftsman Jacks at Sears may be on sale or if not its only around $160 for the jack, creeper, and 2 jack stand set. $119 i think just for the jack. Murray just picked one up this weekend when we started his teardown.

Awesome. Thanks for the tip boss!

James, you and Ray keep those axles, put it in your track boxes just in case. You never know, ya might need it.

We'll hook up at LSMF and put back a few cold ones... I love Texas.

First of all Thanks Again for helping James and myself (Ray) out with the axles at CF5... I am so glad they gave you a set of axles and it could not have happened to a nicer guy!! Good luck with your future racing and I will be getting with you soon for some under the hood stuff. 

Ray 

No worries Ray. I hope to see y'all soon. Hit me up when you're ready to put some bling on that mopar.

Wouldn't have been possible without Frank/DSS or Eric/API.  Two exceptional vendors that have done so much for the Modern MOPAR community.

I've beat on DSS's products and I can say their half shafts have taken me into third with heavy axle hop without a single break.  Customer service is bar none...we've seen it hear time and again. Good stuff!

woop2.gif

:D

HS

You hit it on the head in regards to Frank|DSS and Eric|API.

Great guys, great products. 

Guys, I gotta put AJ back in the spotlight as he wrenched on those cars FAST man. I couldn't believe how quickly he had those puppies swapped out.

AJ, I've got something in the works for you bud.  *ninja*