Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

RobbyD

Richard Rawlings Of Gas Monkey Garage Doing Dodge Commercials

61 posts in this topic

i know a lot of people can't stand the guy, but i will give him this........ he knows how to market the crap out of himself and his business.  i have watched the show since the beginning (my kids love it) and the dude knows what to do with a camera in front of him, but like all other tv celeb "car guys" he will wear out his welcome in no time........

gotta give it to dodge for grabbing a popular "car-guy" commodity and using it to sell cars. 

turning into a bit of soap opera like Paul Sr i suppose

i have that shirt he has on in the first vid...back says blood, sweat and beers. i like to wear it to the gym LMAO

turning into a bit of soap opera like Paul Sr i suppose

i have that shirt he has on in the first vid...back says blood, sweat and beers. i like to wear it to the gym LMAO

My shirt that I wear to the gym on occasion  says " Shut up and lift!" Or, " Bodybuilding isn't everything but being small weak and puny just plain sucks."

If I wore a shirt that said "Blood ,sweat and beer." They would know I'm full of shit.....

My shirt that I wear to the gym on occasion  says " Shut up and lift!" Or, " Bodybuilding isn't everything but being small weak and puny just plain sucks."

If I wore a shirt that said "Blood ,sweat and beer." They would know I'm full of shit.....

I like to wear my "When in doubt FRAG OUT" or "Keep calm and Brrrrrrt On", the looks I get are funny since mostly only military guys/gals get it.

As far as these commercials go, hey I enjoy listening to this guy over what's her name on the red carpet with the annoying voice.

I like Richard... but seeing him be a goofball for Dodge kinda trivializes the brand; makes it all seem like some kind of joke... like the overpriced cheesed-up hunks of junk he sells.

I like Richard... but seeing him be a goofball for Dodge kinda trivializes the brand; makes it all seem like some kind of joke... like the overpriced cheesed-up hunks of junk he sells.

I don't think so but he sure didn't pick a Challenger to do a new/race car build. He picked a bunch of Camaros. Maybe that was his only choice, I don't know. Not up on that stuff.

It would be nice if he did a Chrysler product other than a pos Frankenstein truck.

Also, it must have been a po lazy redneck who came up with the idea to clear coat over rust and call it bitchen. It's retarded in my opinion and I wouldn't be caught dead in one......

Also, it must have been a po lazy redneck who came up with the idea to clear coat over rust and call it bitchen. It's retarded in my opinion and I wouldn't be caught dead in one......

Yeah I gotta admit, patina has a charm for sure, but it's not universally applicable.  They could have spent a few dollars to paint that Dodge truck and it would have looked a million times better.

Richard is the perfect Sham Wow pitchman. He gets the viewer worked up, both positively and negatively. This is what a network wants from it's couch zombies. What I don't like about Richard is his ill treatment of vehicles. He walks on them, kicks out windows, etc. I was thought that if it's yours, you treat it with respect.