Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

funkpolice

Is This Data Log Normal?

I'm not sure.  It's from Paramount and Bill said he was shooting for around 3k.  The point where the rpm line first bends is  At 2950 rpms and 1 mph.  Then you are saying the next point, where the cursor is, is the converter locking?  Also, this was my first time at the track with an AFR gauge.  Is it ok for it to shoot up like that when I let off?

thanks,

bill

2800-3000 stall makes sense according to the log.  From what I can tell lockup is occurring where the cursor is.

Yes, AFR should shoot right up when you're not on the gas and there's no fuel (or hardly any fuel) being injected as you're only pumping air.

ok, how about this one with the st knock.  it spikes 4 times to 1.5, without any lt knock.  Is this anything to be concerned about, and is it making my car any slower?

Screenshot3_zps8c8e6112.png

bill

I wouldn't worry about it.  The computer is pulling timing based on what it thinks could lead to minor detonation based on what the knock sensors pick up.  Post up the Actual SPK Cyl 1 to see how much timing you have.

If you get this repeatedly, try the same run again in much cooler weather, or with a bit of octane booster.  If it goes away you may want to consider pulling 1 degree at WOT just to make yourself feel better.

Me, I wouldn't worry about it.

Screenshot4_zpsa6edd195.png

the top of 1 and 2 are at 22, and 3rd is 23.  after each shift it goes down to 18.  So without the st knock would the timing line be smooth?

bill

My tuner told my spikes up to 6 are okay as long as it doesn't stay there. If it knocks and stays at a certain number then take that much timing out. I would get with your tuner on it though. You could be using real low quality fuel. Mine gets a ton of st knock if I get gas at valero. When I use shell or quicktrip gas it's much better. I've actually logged right after getting gas to verify. I chased st knock for months and it drove me nuts. Mine Now only typically does it between shifts though.

I don't get any knock on the street, and it's only this much at the track.  I need to get some more logs to see if it happens any more, but it sounds like it's not really a big deal anyway.  Tim tuned my car, obviously I'm not going to bother him with this silly shit now.  I've only used shell 93 for the last few years.  I used to use BP alot but not no mo.

bill