Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HemiOrangeRT

New Build Starting Soon And Need Advice...

105 posts in this topic

Did Andy give you a time frame on yours? 

Well he had told me my turn has come up so I think Kent and my self have the two 440's getting built.

Well he had told me my turn has come up so I think Kent and my self have the two 440's getting built.

Did you get your motor yet? Andy has not been on the forum in a few days and phone goes straight to voice-mail. Hope he is ok.... 

Did you get your motor yet? Andy has not been on the forum in a few days and phone goes straight to voice-mail. Hope he is ok.... 

No, Not yet. Andy told me a few weeks ago it was getting started. I e-mailed him the other day to check status of it and waiting to hear back from him.

No, Not yet. Andy told me a few weeks ago it was getting started. I e-mailed him the other day to check status of it and waiting to hear back from him.

Hopefully you will have it soon... I heard back from Andy yesterday and he stated that he would contact me when the build starts so it looks like he is a little behind. I know he works solo and stays busy and he also builds good stuff... I just hope to get mine so I can get it installed and dialed in for the track before the race season is over. 

For a while I thought I was going to get blown but the more I thought about it the more I wanted to stay NA. I called Andy earlier today and after speaking with him I have decided to change my build from a 370 Stroker to a 397 Stroker with Mean Street Heads. Also, instead of a 392 Cam I have decided to go with a PWR custom grind cam of Andy's expert choice that will work best with my build. Andy seems like he is making progress now with getting stuff to come together and he advised me that i will be about 4 weeks out. I truly understand about falling behind sometimes as I run a body shop and parts delays can screw everything up.

Andy - Thanks for your time and advice today..... You Rock!!

Good choice...maybe he can just do both of our 397's at the same time...

How about it Andy??  lol

How about it Andy??  lol

lol

How about it Andy??  lol

He is slightly ahead of you but it will be close. Might end up doing at same time.

I just ordered Ford 80lb injectors so if I decide to upgrade later I will already have them. Andy also stated that most tuners are very familiar with them. I think I will have to use spacers but for the price I couldn't refuse them. I bought them from a Ford dealer brand new... I was advised that they have 1 set left and after that the new inventory will be priced around $499.00...

P.S. I also have a front strut tower brace that I bought from someone on CT and since I run a body shop I will have it painted to match the car... :D

Man I can't wait for my motor... I m so pumped for it.. Go Andy...Go Andy... lol