Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

HemiSam

Lonestar Mopar Fest 2014 - Oct 10 & 11

169 posts in this topic

Were you the one wearing the Tx mile shirt that walked up to my 300 with Erik?

I guess I missed youYou were parked next to our trailer. I have the silver 300 with the blower

I couldn't get a good time for shit but I had consistent 123-124 mph runs and hit 126mph on my last run on a 50 shot and 10.5 AFR. I need more seat time to learn how to launch, a better gear & tire combo and time to dial in the juice. There was a lot left on the table but it was a great learning experience. My street car setup may not be perfect for the track but I think it worked pretty well for what it was (borrowed trans, borrowed DRs & recent switch to 3.73). I still don't know how I qualified for the fastest 8 big dog race...

HUGE thanks to Erik for being my coach. His advice and experience was extremely helpful to this no is drag racer. I typically visit the track two times a year, never at my current power level and usually with a prepped track. And thanks to everyone for the support and encouragement.

I did miss you bud... I kept heading over there and as soon as I did, one of my kiddos needed something. Very much looking forward to the next event

Next time I will find G-Funk again as he and Murray are ALMOST a roadshow/comedy troop of two, combined with my insanity MAY be why the lot emptied back there that night, we will never know!! ;)

haha!  Yeah it was a blast.  Good to meet you man, you are good people.  

i'm dry, got some rest, and now able to reply  :D.

thank you to all who made the effort to join in on LSMF weekend. wasn't the hideout incredible?  golf cart challenge?  show-n-shine, and finally some racing.

for those who toughed it out and waited, we had to do everything we can to get some racing in out of respect to you all.

i'm glad to have met many of you, never enough time though.

Next time I will find G-Funk again as he and Murray are ALMOST a roadshow/comedy troop of two, combined with my insanity MAY be why the lot emptied back there that night, we will never know!! ;)

Good stuff.  Great to see you again Sickrb.  Look forward to the next time.

Thanks Houston.  Great job SCLX.

Another outstanding event orchestrated by SCLX.  Despite horrendous weather, the event was a hoot....very well organized with a ton of fun to be had....big thanks to Rob and his team!  You're a prince, buddy.

Good to see some old friends and meet some folks for the first time.  Hanging out with the party crew is never dull....Team BT FTW!   Great seeing Wendy and Erik down South...you know where we are now.  Always fun hanging with my boys Burls, Kenny, Jorge, Sicr, Chris, Doc Al, and too many others to mention.

Was fun watching the racing.  Track was slick as hell but the SCLX crew did the best they could and many passes were made safely....good stuff.

See everyone next year....

:D

HS

Were you the one wearing the Tx mile shirt that walked up to my 300 with Erik?

I guess I missed you

You were parked next to our trailer. I have the silver 300 with the blower

I couldn't get a good time for shit but I had consistent 123-124 mph runs and hit 126mph on my last run on a 50 shot and 10.5 AFR. I need more seat time to learn how to launch, a better gear & tire combo and time to dial in the juice. There was a lot left on the table but it was a great learning experience. My street car setup may not be perfect for the track but I think it worked pretty well for what it was (borrowed trans, borrowed DRs & recent switch to 3.73). I still don't know how I qualified for the fastest 8 big dog race...

HUGE thanks to Erik for being my coach. His advice and experience was extremely helpful to this no is drag racer. I typically visit the track two times a year, never at my current power level and usually with a prepped track. And thanks to everyone for the support and encouragement.

Ya - never trust a drag racer, you told me you didnt have it. Oh well you would had my sideways ass covered anyway

Ya - never trust a drag racer, you told me you didnt have it. Oh well you would had my sideways ass covered anyway

lol I had to steal a bottle from Vagina RT for the big dog round just to try to have a chance. It helped but a 1.9x 60' and 10.5 AFR sure didn't

lol I had to steal a bottle from vagina RT for the big dog round just to try to have a chance. It helped but a 1.9x 60' and 10.5 AFR sure didn't

lol...well I don't feel too bad about my 1.86 60fts then!

Had a great time!! The Hemi Hideout was my favorite part. Despite the rain delays and the fact I cant launch for crap lol I had a blast banging the gears down the track. Definately slower times than normal but I did improve my speed by 5 mph hitting 121 twice!!! Im still learning this beast and enjoying every second. Good seeing you Sam and gotta say you all put on a fantastic weekend :)

Thanks Sam.  Looks like I won't make the mile.  Our last race is that weekend in Ennis.

Don't sweat the small stuff, buddy.  Maybe next time.

HS

Thanks to all who came and made this event great!

So many photos, so little time. We will update with links soon. Thx.

Thanks for a great event Rob!

Hey Sam....guess what?

Remember how I couldn't get the Duster to hook at Moparfest in Sealy?   Well it would have been even worse if my secondary accelerator pump was working!  When I got home, I discovered that the cam that runs the secondary accelerator pump was missing, along with the arm that connects it to the carburetor!  It sputtered on launch the last time down the track so I fgured it came off before the last run and is laying at that track somewhere, but the next time I took the car to San Antonio, they handed it to me, they found it at the end of the shutdown area!  I ran at San Antonio the night before Moparfest, so that means I ran every pass at Moparfest with no secondary accelerator pump!!

Car still won't hook, but it's running 10.4 @ 132 mph with a 1.7 60' time, so I figure getting it to hook right should get me right at 10 seconds.

Hey Sam....guess what?

Remember how I couldn't get the Duster to hook at Moparfest in Sealy?   Well it would have been even worse if my secondary accelerator pump was working!  When I got home, I discovered that the cam that runs the secondary accelerator pump was missing, along with the arm that connects it to the carburetor!  It sputtered on launch the last time down the track so I fgured it came off before the last run and is laying at that track somewhere, but the next time I took the car to San Antonio, they handed it to me, they found it at the end of the shutdown area!  I ran at San Antonio the night before Moparfest, so that means I ran every pass at Moparfest with no secondary accelerator pump!!

Car still won't hook, but it's running 10.4 @ 132 mph with a 1.7 60' time, so I figure getting it to hook right should get me right at 10 seconds.

lol...ya can't make that up.  Glad you got your bits back.  Car is bad ass...really.  A lot of fun to watch you run that day.

HS