Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Truckzilla46

Very Odd Datalog Now That I Can! :( Need Thoughts

Ok so I did some wot pulls and finally figured out how to get my boost factored in. I notice a high afr after a shift from 1st to second. So I hooked my boost up and went and did another run. Look at this log and see what you think. I am stumped! Car is running 10.7-10.9 except a few odd spikes. 

post-1904-0-03483200-1404077918_thumb.png

The Throttle is shutting because you are approaching the rev limiter...FAST. You are also very close to TCM overspeed limp in at that point. A MTCM with stock shift points or a PTCM with raised over-speed rev limit would help you. I could let the rev limiter out a bit more in the tune to prevent throttle closure under that scenario.

Thanks

AJ

The Throttle is shutting because you are approaching the rev limiter...FAST. You are also very close to TCM overspeed limp in at that point. A MTCM with stock shift points or a PTCM with raised over-speed rev limit would help you. I could let the rev limiter out a bit more in the tune to prevent throttle closure under that scenario.

Thanks

AJ

Sounds like I know what my next mod will be. Which is better? What shift point and rev limits should my engine need?

Srt5939

My nag1 is a shr Viking with fti 2800

PTCM

Yes sir! that's what I am going to need next.  Was looking at eurocharged till I was able to get some advice from my magnum guru! Just need to figure out shiftpoints and such.

What's of issue in the logs above, the stair stepping in the rpm ramps?

It's the blip with the throttle dropping and in return loosing power/boost/afr. The problem us the shift point is actually hitting rev limiter for a second. I thought it was mechanical issue at first.

You have a built motor, yes?

HS

Yes sir !

It's the blip with the throttle dropping and in return loosing power/boost/afr. The problem us the shift point is actually hitting rev limiter for a second. I thought it was mechanical issue at first.

Yes sir !

Dont sweat the 12.0 AFR peak then, especially if it's momentary.  That's not ragged edge, especially with a built motor and proper fuel.

HS

its actually a tcm issue. going into rev limit and slowing my car down :( Cant raise the rev limit because I am at limp modes door.

wonder how many tenths that's adding to my ets?

Well my tcm will be here around Friday. Curious to see how much it shaves of my time from both fixing the issue and gain from tcm itself. I returned my tune to stock. Way I understand it that's the correct way to do it so you don't make a mistake of overwriting your new tcm if returning to stock form.