Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Teddyp

Do I Need A Retune?

Hey guys. I have a few bolt on mods and have a email tune. Car runs great. I just had my intake and TB ported runs even better, (with ESC off the tires are chirping and breaking free even more, so the port job undoubtably worked). My tuner did the email tune after I data logged and I told him that in the near future I would do the porting. I asked him if I needed a retune afterwards and he replied no, only for major mods, (cam, FI and such). He's the pro on the subject, not me so I do believe in what he's saying. I'm not in any way doubting him. However, I want to make sure I'm getting the most out of my tune and bolt ons as possible. Is there any way I can use my Intune to check for certain parameters and adjust if necessary? Or should I just bring the car to Vinny Tens Racing here on Long Island and let him check it out. Again, the car runs like a scalded dog, I just want to make sure I'm getting the most from my mods. Thanks.

You're probably fine.  If you told your tuner what you were going to do, maybe he factored that into the tune he gave you.  With that said, I wouldn't suspect there would be much HP left to get either way.  Keep in mind, a custom tune from one tuner compared to a custom tune from another tuner will have different HP numbers on the exact same car.  If it runs good, and you can tell it's faster, I'd just drive it. If there was another 5-10 HP available, would you pay the extra cash for a new tune? I wouldn't, but I'm a broke ass. lol

What's the AF now with the changes?

don't know. I'm at work right now. But tomorrow morn I can hook up my Intune and it will show me if I scroll to the proper menu, correct? Then I'll post it and you guys that know more than me can hopefully give me some insight. Is AF really the only thing I should take a look at considering the car has a custom tune-which was done prior to intake/TB PORTING?

Cars getting dynoed on Saturday July 26th. Want to see what the AFR are despite I have a custom tune. Did some intake and TB porting since and want to make sure all is good. I'll post pics, vids, and numbers.