Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BADPLM

Hellcat Top Speed

45 posts in this topic

I guess they should have advertised the Hellcat as the quickest muscle car, not the fastest.. Though maybe they are selling themselves short due to what happened with the gt500.

I guess they should have advertised the Hellcat as the quickest muscle car, not the fastest.. Though maybe they are selling themselves short due to what happened with the gt500.

Quickest or fastest doesn't make the difference.  It's all in the context.  I just wonder how many months they'll be able to get with all their pre-printed brochures and literature before a new Mustang or Camaro is released with more HP, or runs faster than the Hellcat. 

199 is an odd number.  I'd have thought they'd want that 200 on there.

I wonder how much bracing is on the air dam in front.  Several folks at the mile have had issues with theirs coming off at over 150 or so.

The Hellcat needs to be able to go 300+ mph but even if it did. Some people would want it to go faster. I drive the speed limit. And could care a less what the max speed of my car is.

I wonder how much bracing is on the air dam in front.  Several folks at the mile have had issues with theirs coming off at over 150 or so.

And I might add it really makes your butt pucker when it all starts disassembling at that speed and your running over parts from your own car.  It does do a good job of knocking the dust and dirt from the undercarriage though  :)

And I might add it really makes your butt pucker when it all starts disassembling at that speed and your running over parts from your own car.  It does do a good job of knocking the dust and dirt from the undercarriage though  :)

lol

Lot's of hype. Not saying it cant, but I really can't wait till these hit the streets and we can really see what they're capable of, not what their ad copy says.

Yea, you have no chance against this car.

In fact, if alb440 gets one, I put my slicks on it, I have $100 says his ET and mph are higher than yours at CF6.

You will not want to race one on the street, it will rape you with no lube.

Maybe not in my Challenger, but I'd be willing to put money on my Mustang.

Any takers?

Seriously, this has got to be the most hyped car I can remember in a long time. I really hope it delivers.

Maybe not in my Challenger, but I'd be willing to put money on my Mustang.

Any takers?

Seriously, this has got to be the most hyped car I can remember in a long time. I really hope it delivers.

Your wife lets you drive it? The windows are limo tinted so no one sees you right?