Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

rayzazoo

2015 Hellcat - Chasing 11.2s 1/4mi

41 posts in this topic

A 1.8 60' on street tires with that much power is pretty good.  Even in my 370z with PZeros I couldn't manage better than a 1.9.

Surprised the MPH wasn't higher in the 1/4.  A 3MPH loss based on Dodges test is pretty substantial.  Wonder if they had a hotter tune in their test car and ran race fuel?

That's my home track, would think it would better since I get 118, 119 in the quarter. I wish I would have know it was there, I would to love race it

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm

My car has run nearly identical times in 500 DA and 3500 DA.

Race in negative DA and you will see a difference.

All other things being equal.... The correction factor for FI vs. a modified NA motor is about 50%.

If you gain half a second NA due to a lower DA, you'd gain about a quarter of a second with FI.

About a .10 per 1000' of DA is a pretty good guess for NA. You can guess about .05 for FI.

From Wallace...

The Hellcat's 11.2 at sea level should run about 11.56 at 6000'

NA would have dropped to 11.94 at 6000'

.36 difference for FI (.06 per 1000')

.74 for NA (.12 per 1000')

Just noticed they said that track was at 9000' feet... not 6000'.  Where the fuck is that???

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm

My car has run nearly identical times in 500 DA and 3500 DA.

I would guess that you'd see a .15 to .20 difference.

.30 to .40 for my NA car.

Yeah hasn't seemed to matter on my car. Ran the same in high 40s degree air as I did in high 80s. Same track different times of year. I didn't think that would be the case and had evened planned to hit Atco late in the year to set a crackin' time but now I've seen it won't matter much on my car.

Yeah hasn't seemed to matter on my car. Ran the same in high 40s degree air as I did in high 80s. Same track different times of year. I didn't think that would be the case and had evened planned to hit Atco late in the year to set a crackin' time but now I've seen it won't matter much on my car.

Yeah,You probably have the blower or air intake maxed out.

Yeah,You probably have the blower or air intake maxed out.

That is entirely possible. Will find out for sure this fall when I give the smaller pulley another go.

I would suspect the Hellcats 2.3L blower is pretty close as well sitting atop a 6.2?

Hey jay, just out of curiosity can you post the time slips of both? Curious to see the 60' and 1/8th.

I swear my car ran way better at Fontana in colder air. I still need to do a bit of research around the blower and atmosphere. Not convinced there's zero difference in different da.

Just don't feel like dusting off my Halliday and resnick college physics book. lol

Hey jay, just out of curiosity can you post the time slips of both? Curious to see the 60' and 1/8th.

I swear my car ran way better at Fontana in colder air. I still need to do a bit of research around the blower and atmosphere. Not convinced there's zero difference in different da.

Just don't feel like dusting off my Halliday and resnick college physics book. lol

See below.  I'm not saying there is ZERO difference, I'm just suggesting that it's not that big of a difference for a forced induction car.  A tenth or so and 1MPH maybe, at least in my experience.  The reason I remember it stems from a conversation Phil and I had.  He didn't think my car was setup to ever run 10s and it finally did at CF4 (warm weather April 2013).  Then we discussed it being a fluke until I backed it up.  I went back to the track and we had a really cool day on the last day of the season at Beech Bend, Nov 23, 2013.  It was like 42 degrees and I thought I was gonna set a blistering time and ran nearly identical.

I have more examples but this is the most recent.

1600 to 1800 DA (run below was 1pm as Beech Bend's clocks were off due to DST).

orange_krush_4-6-2013_1st_10s_quarter_mi

-800 to -1000 DA (negative DA)

note:  the middle slip below is off as I missed 3rd gear, completely skipped it and went straight to 4th.  MPH is higher as a result.  I was very disappointed as the 60' was the best I'd ever had and I think that would have been a low 10.80s pass :(.  The other two runs were clean.

Even though I've gotten reasonably consistent with my 6 speed, in my mind what tells the tale is the MPH being within 1MPH or so even though the DA was very different.

orange_krush_11-23-2013_quarter_mile_sli

Thanks Jay. Besides DA, all things being equal?

Damn you bastards and your negative DA out there....lol

Best I've run at Fontana is 1600DA uphill...lol