Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

christianbe

Rob's Arrington Performance 392 Hemi Powered, Twin Turbocharged 2012 Challenger Srt8

Doing some twin turbo work here on the chassis dyno. We manufactured and installed this custom twin 58mm turbo kit for Rob a few years ago on his stock 392 HEMI. This kit is capable of putting out some SERIOUS boost. Rob knew that, but he wanted to enjoy his silver Challenger in stages. After today he has a completely built transmission as well as a completely forged 392 HEMI with high boost 2618 pistons to boot!

This Challenger is ready for some serious boost at this point, and in the final stage of this build we will put a boost controller in this bad boy and really put the screws to it. Rob is bringing his pride and joy back to us in November for the final stage of this monster build. In the summer heat and humidity this Challenger put down 725RWHP at 11.6lbs! We can't wait to see how this thing performs with 16lbs on it?! Stay tuned.

robs-2012-twinturbo-challenger.jpg

Underhood shot:

robs-2012-twinturbo-challenger2.jpg

Dyno sheet:

RobC-dyno-081214.jpg

Chassis dyno video:

More details on the build here:

http://www.shophemi.com/news.aspx?showarticle=56

Made it home with absolutely no troubles, and averaged better than 20 mpg!

Thanks for all Christian, and tell Alex I'm sorry to have missed him. (NOT)! lol  lol

Just kidding, Alex. Hope you stayed drunk and naked on vacation.

Absolutely. 

No stock (and damn few modified) Buick 455's put out 470/470. AND, the 392 revs much quicker, runs much cleaner, doesn't ever flood out, and even gets decent fuel mileage. All on todays shitty gasoline.

That said, NOTHING sounds as good as a 60's/70's big block with a lumpy cam!

Congrats Rob, the numbers on your car look great.  B)   I hope I can meet up with you guys this fall at the track, I'm looking forward to doing a little racing in the cooler weather. 

The car (so far) is 10.87 @ 131.00 fun!  :)   Only ran it a couple times, was helping my 11 year old make 26 passes on his CRF80.  0.o  

No question Arrington built me a serious toy!

The car (so far) is 10.87 @ 131.00 fun! :) Only ran it a couple times, was helping my 11 year old make 26 passes on his CRF80. 0.o

No question Arrington built me a serious toy!

What diff gearing do you have?

It really is fun. I keep thinking I want to go to 3.73 or maybe 3.55 gears, but the car is so smooth and driveable the way it is, I hate to change it.

You change your gears yet Alan?

I went to 3.73 for a year or so but just went back to 3.06. Rolling 3200 rpm on the interstate at 80 gets old, and I drive my car quite a bit. Alb440 still has the complete getrag if you want a good deal let me know. I think they are $1600 or more from Chrysler and he would probably sell for $1100, this one maybe has 3000 miles on it.

I have yet to take my car to the track with this setup and the 3.06's, hopefully when the weather turns cooler I will make the 3 hour trip to Topeka, run a 10.?? and get kicked out lol