Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sybil

S**t Hitting The Fan In Ferguson, Mo......

168 posts in this topic

^^^^Correct. No permit required to own only a background check if bought from a gun dealer...and a law just passed allows you to carry a loaded gun in your vehicle without a conceal carry permit.........funny how liberal TN gun laws are and we have low gun related crimes when compared to places like Chicago and DC that banned guns...

That reminds me of the story of a restauranteur in the mid west somewhere that advertised his or her restaurant was a gun-free zone.  The next day he was promptly held up.  You can't make this shit up..

Edited because I don't want to come across as a racist, which I am not. I'm an educated, Bible-believing, gun-owning Constitutional Conservative who also happens to be a realist.

For our Canadian friends (or anyone else for that matter) who like to question and criticize our right to own and carry handguns for protection: FUCK YOU!

I saw an interesting statistic the other day that the average concealed handgun license permit holder is 13 times LESS likely to commit a violent crime than citizens not licensed to carry.

Here in Georgia, you can have a gun in your home, your car, or your place of business without a permit. A Georgia Weapons Carry License grants you the right to carry concealed and does not require a class. We have a couple of very active pro-gun groups here that have accomplished much in the last few years.

I'm a firm believer in Castle Doctrine\Stand your Ground\Make My Day laws. I don't start shit with anybody. Never. Don't fuck with me and you don't have a problem. Don't force me to use (whatever is necessary) force against you. I practice nearly every day for the moment I have to use my firearm in defense of my (or anyone near me) life but pray every day I never have to. But make no mistake, I will if I have to. If it comes down to me or you, you're going to get up close and personal with some 200gr +P .45...

Molon Labe...

We have a lot of gun violence in Chicago, but it isn't unarmed people being shot by armed criminals.  It's assholes with illegal guns, shooting at other assholes with illegal guns.  Every once in a while they get lucky and hit what they are aiming at, but it seems all too often they hit a kid that had the audacity to play in their front yard next to the asshole getting shot at.  We have concealed carry now, but that isn't going to help the annnual summertime shooting spree that bolsters Chicago's crime stats.

http://www.colorofcrime.com/colorofcrime2005.html

The Color of Crime

Race, Crime, and Justice in America — Second, Expanded Edition, 2005

Major Findings:

• Police and the justice system are not biased against minorities.

Crime Rates

• Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
  • When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
  • Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the white rate.
  • The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic.

Interracial Crime

• Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
  • Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
  • Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
  • Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.

Gangs

• Only 10 percent of youth gang members are white.
  • Hispanics are 19 times more likely than whites to be members of youth gangs. Blacks are 15 times more likely, and Asians are nine times more likely.

Incarceration

• Between 1980 and 2003 the US incarceration rate more than tripled, from 139 to 482 per 100,000, and the number of prisoners increased from 320,000 to 1.39 million.
  • Blacks are seven times more likely to be in prison than whites. Hispanics are three times more likely.

Interesting read. Download the PDF version so you can see where they get the data, margins of error, etc.

As I tell my liberal friends: I'm not a racist, I'm a realist. And the reality is I'm 7 times more likely to be murdered by a black than by another white. The reality is whites never loot, riot, or tear up communities - it's ALWAYS the blacks.

And frankly, there is no fix for the problem. It comes down to core cultural differences. Far more single parent families, always single moms. Lack of encouragement to achieve academically. The list goes on and on...

Not sure if the blacks rioting and whites not rioting is due to the fact that blacks are of African descent and tribal by nature and whites are European in descent and non-tribal by nature. Who knows?

http://www.fredoneverything.net/ has some great non PC articles that cover topics such as this. Guy is quite a character but tells the truth, regardless of who it may offend.

And for our Canadian friends (or anyone else for that matter) who like to question and criticize our right to own and carry handguns for protection: FUCK YOU!

I saw an interesting statistic the other day that the average concealed handgun license permit holder is 13 times LESS likely to commit a violent crime than citizens not licensed to carry.

Here in Georgia, you can have a gun in your home, your car, or your place of business without a permit. A Georgia Weapons Carry License grants you the right to carry concealed and does not require a class. We have a couple of very active pro-gun groups here that have accomplished much in the last few years.

I'm a firm believer in Castle Doctrine\Stand your Ground\Make My Day laws. I don't start shit with anybody. Never. Don't fuck with me and you don't have a problem. Don't force me to use (whatever is necessary) force against you. I practice nearly every day for the moment I have to use my firearm in defense of my (or anyone near me) life but pray every day I never have to. But make no mistake, I will if I have to. If it comes down to me or you, you're going to get up close and personal with some 200gr +P .45...

Molon Labe...

seems like a shit ton of bs, but I'm not going to take the time to fact check that.  I know here in Chicago it's overwhelming majority black kids killing black kids.  What are the stats on people eating their victims?  I think I'm 9 times more likely to be killed, raped, then eaten by a white guy than any other race.

We have a lot of gun violence in Chicago, but it isn't unarmed people being shot by armed criminals. It's assholes with illegal guns, shooting at other assholes with illegal guns. Every once in a while they get lucky and hit what they are aiming at, but it seems all too often they hit a kid that had the audacity to play in their front yard next to the asshole getting shot at. We have concealed carry now, but that isn't going to help the annnual summertime shooting spree that bolsters Chicago's crime stats.

seems like a shit ton of bs, but I'm not going to take the time to fact check that. I know here in Chicago it's overwhelming majority black kids killing black kids. What are the stats on people eating their victims? I think I'm 9 times more likely to be killed, raped, then eaten by a white guy than any other race.

Seriously? Thanks for the laugh

Gangs

• Only 10 percent of youth gang members are white.
  • Hispanics are 19 times more likely than whites to be members of youth gangs. Blacks are 15 times more likely, and Asians are nine times more likely.

Quick question....

What's 2 + 2?

Edited because I don't want to come across as a racist, which I am not. I'm an educated, Bible-believing, gun-owning Constitutional Conservative who also happens to be a realist.

For our Canadian friends (or anyone else for that matter) who like to question and criticize our right to own and carry handguns for protection: FUCK YOU!

Too late for that.

The Mike Brown & Travon Martin cases are NOT about the shooting of an unarmed person... its about a white guy shooting a black guy. The main stream media does not give the same amount of press to a black guy shooting a white guy. As for the looting... it speaks for itself

Also there was bad behavior involved with these two. If he was just whistling  and walking down the street we would all be on the same page here. I as a white girl have been mistreated by police by I damn sure am not going to run like a criminal or strike a police officer. Sometimes you just have to chalk it up as experience and move on...

"As I tell my liberal friends: I'm not a racist, I'm a realist. And the reality is I'm 7 times more likely to be murdered by a black than by another white. The reality is whites never loot, riot, or tear up communities - it's ALWAYS the blacks."

says the educated math man.

These statements of " fact" are so full of shit.

Statistics in the hands of an amateur can be as dangerous as an Uzi in the hands of a nine year old girl.

Reality is the odds of being killed by a black or white murderer are closer to 50/50. Much, much higher if you're a black youth to be killed by another black and much lower if you're white.

True, murders are committed at a much higher rate by black youth maybe 7 times higher than the rate for whites. But there are almost 6 times more white people than blacks.

Understand, Mr Realistic ?

As for Whites never riot or loot ? What planet are you from?

The ignorance of this thread is truly mind boggling.

As for Whites never riot or loot ? What planet are you from?

He's obviously never been to Montreal after we win the cup.. or lose the cup.  Or just play hockey   lol

He's obviously never been to Montreal after we win the cup.. or lose the cup.  Or just play hockey   lol

Remember when the Canucks lost the Stanley Cup to Boston. Ohhhh Boyyyyy..... 

4957043.jpgriot1.jpg?w=940riotpicnik.jpg

Stevo

So what I'm seeing is black folks riot when teenagers are shot by police and white people riot when their preferred sport team loses a game. Got it.

So what I'm seeing is black folks riot when teenagers are shot by police and white people riot when their preferred sport team loses a game. Got it.

We'll make a hockey lovin' Canuk outta you yet!

Seriously? Thanks for the laugh

yeah, I'm serious.  Except for the eating people part, although I'd bet whites eat more people than blacks or hispanics.  I wouldn't feel any safer at all around chicago with a gun in my hand.  The vast majority of shootings in the city are gang war bullshit.  There aren't huge numbers of muggings, stick ups, car jackings, etc.  I can't see how more people having guns could do anything but increase my chances of being shot.  I'm not anit-gun.  I own two guns, for hunting, though I haven't used them in a few years.  I am for the most part anti-people, no matter what their color.  I'd be terrified to sit in a bar knowing most of the steak heads in there are packing.  Lots of cowboys that are "prepared" or looking for a reason to "defend" themselves.  Having a gun in the house with three small children isn't really worth the risk in my mind.  Being shot is pretty low on my list of things I'm afraid of.  I don't want to throw this further off topic, but distracted/drunk driving is a whole lot scarier.  Can they outfit a handgun with a breathalyzer?  I'd be on board with that for sure.

bill

I don't see a problem with well adjusted, trained, people carrying a gun.  If it makes them feel better, and there is a chance, be it small, they can help someone out, then go for it.  Most people, at least around here, are not well adjusted, and won't be trained.  I'd rather just the gang bangers and drug dealers have guns to shoot each other than every asshole that gets cut off in traffic, or gets in an argument on the street waving his peace maker around.