Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Blue Blur

First Gen Iii Build, 420/6.1 Going In Old Mopar

103 posts in this topic

I'm pretty sure I'll need to redo the T-bar cross member. Just hoping nothing else. I'd love to keep my 68 shifter but I'm thinking I'll need to use a late model part. I may try to meld the 68 handle on the late model base. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I thought about the manual but future plans include a pair of turbos and I didn't want to have to try to shift 1000 rwhp. Too much carnage to deal with.

J

I dont blame anyone for using an Auto. The 4l80 is a super trans with a ton of support. I prefer a manual for how I drive and I can power shift my T56 like Ronnie Sox if the need arises. And the lack of heat helps on the Road course. I like to throw this at auto guys though for fun lol...

10500501_307012559473288_231463282748349

You most likely with have to make a new torsion bar crossmember, I did with my T56. Here are the mounts I made for the engine and a pic of the trans back when I was doing it a couple years ago.

IMAG0065_zps1674279a.jpg

IMAG0067_zps1393ccb3.jpg

IMAG0223_zpse73207d1.jpg

003-2.jpg

Nice work on the trans tunnel, love the ole school pistol grip.

Thanks man, whats kinda funny is that handle is actually a Hurst I found used that was in a new Challenger. They basically just take an E body handle and put CF grips and a 6spd bezel in them.

Thanks man, whats kinda funny is that handle is actually a Hurst I found used that was in a new Challenger. They basically just take an E body handle and put CF grips and a 6spd bezel in them.

That's what I have in my 2010 Challenger, Hurst reproduction E Body pistol grip with wood grain handles.

First post!

Got a 06 6.1 in pieces that had dropped a valve with the understanding that the block un-harmed and he had all new parts to fix what was needed. This was last Sept. and long story short the block needed .010 to clean up. So then I see Andy at PWR had a used cam and a new set of Manley 4.065 stroker pistons for sale for $700 shipped for all. So that got the ball rolling and I have since purchased the Manley 4.05 crank, rods with ARP 2000's, Manley pushrods, Nextek springs, Comp moly retainers and some good used lifters. Just got done re-configuring the oil squirters and notching the piston skirts to all live happily ever after together. Then I call Andy to see where my rings and spring locators have been for 2 months I picked his brain about some need to know on this build. SO long story short I am right now gonna get the block hot tanked again and another set of cam bearings installed after I clearanced the block for #7 rod bolt clearance and dirtied her up with shavings. ARGH!! Better now than later though right? Plan to have MM cnc the heads after I get the short done and maybe button this old lady up soon. Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure.

Mock up in car...

IMAG0063_zps126fbd00.jpg

Remote filter and oil cooler plumbing..

IMAG0081_zpsuawnikro.jpg

IMAG0082_zpspjus7u3t.jpg

EFISource 92MM TB and breather tank mocked up..

IMAG0091_zpsh8wfxqf1.jpg

Intake hand ported a little...

IMAG0110_zpsuhe5f5dc.jpg

Intake PC'd and 80lb Dekas installed..

IMAG0119_zpsgqsbynhw.jpg

Modded oil jet sitting under a stock 6.4 jet..

IMAG0190_zpsz7dyq2bz.jpg

First piston to get notched..

IMAG0224_zpsrmtuk8i0.jpg

I like some of your ideas here.  I am pretty sure I am going to run a remote filter and cooler.  Where did you find that adapter?  I take it you made the filter stand/adapter?

I like some of your ideas here.  I am pretty sure I am going to run a remote filter and cooler.  Where did you find that adapter?  I take it you made the filter stand/adapter?

Its a Derale remote kit in 10AN. The adapter is also a 10AN Derale. You can get them remote kit configured in a couple different ways. Yes I welded a bracket to the K member to mount it. The Thermostat on the frame rail is an Improved Racing unit. The cooler is a used deck mount AFCO about 3.5" thick.

Since everyone is updating their old Mopar builds, I will follow suit. Engine compartment is getting closer to body work. Engine is waiting on Milodon to make a pickup tube for a pan I bought a year ago??? WTF? Yes this has been a build of WTF??? From the beginning but its nearing completion. Once engine is a long block I am gonna assemble it on the K member with trans,headers,starter etc. Will need to dial in the bellhousing as well.

Milodon 18331 pickup, yeah right dipshits....

IMAG0279_zps15rqjqdd.jpg

Engine compartment weld fest...

IMAG0285_zpsgv4xeb8b.jpg