Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Blue Blur

First Gen Iii Build, 420/6.1 Going In Old Mopar

103 posts in this topic

My thinking originally was "its just a 6.1" identity. But really with the car being what it is and the rest of the "mods" in the engine compartment, I really doubt anyone could be fooled anyway.

Got the pump bracket cleaned up and coated today. When I originally mocked it up in the car it looked like I was going to have pull the pulley out a half a groove but I got it completed today with all the other pulleys on and the thing is dead nuts on! Small victory, but a win for me none the less.

IMAG0295_zpskk9ogiw3.jpg

IMAG0296_zpsphmvaqe5.jpg

IMAG0297_zps4axd9yeg.jpg

IMAG0298_zpscm7tsusv.jpg

Got the pump bracket cleaned up and coated today. When I originally mocked it up in the car it looked like I was going to have pull the pulley out a half a groove but I got it completed today with all the other pulleys on and the thing is dead nuts on! Small victory, but a win for me none the less.

IMAG0295_zpskk9ogiw3.jpg

IMAG0296_zpsphmvaqe5.jpg

IMAG0297_zps4axd9yeg.jpg

IMAG0298_zpscm7tsusv.jpg

Wanna make me a bracket and I'll pay you for it? That's exactly what I need.

Engine assembly is complete, had to get one side of intake rockers. Now I have to buckle down and get the cage built and engine compartment painted. See you guys in a couple months lol!

IMAG0327_zps6d1qtybf.jpg

So then you are only using 2. All your load will be on the far side of the plate leveraging against those 2 bolts. I would countersink a 3rd bolt to support the far side.

I have been making strides. I told my son that the next time I say, "im gonna build a rollcage...." hit me in the face with a frying pan as hard as you can! He said there isn't any frying pans in the garage dad. Anyway I have all the bending done and am doing the behind dash bar and working on making it as unobtrusive as possible while retaining the factory wipers and column. Its a tall order, but im gonna pull it off with some measure,cut,measure,cut,test fit,measure,test fit,cut.................im feeling my age doing this shit.

IMAG0343_zpsfmtindcx.jpg

Hopefully will be able to paint rear bars without pulling back glass.

IMAG0340_zpsjdc6hor2.jpg

Hopefully will be able to paint rear bars without pulling back glass.

Pulling the glass would be easy in comparison to the rest of the work you're doing. It's coming along nice....keep up the good work. 

Got the bar landing pads 90% done and went ahead and made the A-pillar plates. They are just sitting in place until I get my other piece of tubing to finish the cage, like the windshield cross bar and the main hoop diagonal/harness bar.

IMAG0357_zpsua4ol1uu.jpg

IMAG0356_zps9kzojwhr.jpg

Main cage is done, all joints welded. Then I got distracted and put the headers on the engine and got the dipstick sorted out. Also think I found the paint I will use on the cage, I am going to get some white of the same type and see if I can lighten it just a little. If that doesn't work I will use it anyway I think.

IMAG0361_zpsrm6rj3ny.jpg

IMAG0360_zpsy5g5wmlf.jpg

Found a blemished 5% ATI new from a fellow on Moparts and have that enroute as well as have McLeod RXT disc's coming. McLeod was excellent to deal with and only charged me $200+shipping both ways to ship my RST discs to them and swap them for RXT's. I thought that was pretty cool. Gonna notch dash and get an idea of ECU and Relay mounting next.

Gonna keep it simple as possible for sure. I want all EFI relays and axillary fuse box and junctions accessible through glove box door. Also going to mount oil accumulator to the under dash crossbar with a manual cable setup. Thinking I will mount a remote USB and start Push button in ashtray, and mount a cig lighter under dash hidden. I still have some more bars to weld in and am fiddling with dash and getting ready to notch dash pad.

IMAG0362_zps6lkuqnk8.jpg