Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Blue Blur

First Gen Iii Build, 420/6.1 Going In Old Mopar

103 posts in this topic

Its a lot brighter than the paint on the car but oh well, I don't care it definitely pops and im thinking the engine will get most of the attention. My friend that sprayed it is an awesome painter and this was a single stage PPG B5.

What is up with the cage?

Ya I was tripping on that too. But it looks to me like maybe someone welded in a x support on the main hoop , then realized that don't work. Then again I'm looking on a phone and normally when doing so have my head planted firmly within my ass. :P

The X/harness bar is removable by design. Car will have its backseat operable with 3 point retractable belts on each side and a 4 point harness in the middle. My kids love to go along and when they do, I want the X GONE! If anything went wrong the last thing I want is for their faces to eat that crossbar. Roll cages are great until you hit your head on them on the street, I have taken great strides to make that pretty much impossible.

Have you seen how my rear seat cage setup is? I have little ones and a 25.3 spec cage layout once finished. Currently 8.50 cert for drag racing. I have a build thread somewhere or at least pics up of it here. Should give you a better idea what can be done without the crazy cross bar you have there that is nothing structural significant to the chassis.

Yeah its very much a structural piece of the car, the mounts are interlocking. If the car flips onto the drivers side in a roll on a high speed Road Course I will be very glad for the X brace. I have seen your cage on FABO and it is very nice. I will have another crossbar underneath the package tray for the center 4 point and some bolt plates for the 3 points on the sides. This car is a Road Course/Autox'er and this cage has made the car stupid rigid, which is a good thing.

Im jealous for sure. I love the twisties. Used to own a supra and it was a blast around the corners. Make sure we get some incar vids of it in action. Hell its not my car but im excited to see it do its thing.

Its had its first start up, wasn't the best with first mediocre tune with the MS3 but it started and ran to 1800 rpm, was a little rich but otherwise good and smooth and healthy. 65 lbs of oil pressure rock solid up to 190 degrees when I shut it down. Was having laptop issues and didn't get any further on tweaks but shes alive.

IMAG0470_zpstyksazxd.jpg

Well was hooking up throttle cable and had to take IAC apart and found a broken o-ring in it. Put in a new one and absolutely could not get it to idle. Would start rev to 1200 and slowly taper down to dieing could hold it to 1500 and run it thay way but then is was showing O2 out of range, which may because my ZT-3 o2 was configured for reading 19.6 AFR at 5v when a Zt paperwork work was all I had to go from. Found to day it needs 21.0 at 5V. Need to know how to free air set them, Now my plugs are pretty fould and I think my next ones with be 2315 Iriddiums, Any suggestions?

Had Eagle plugs......now waiting on another laptop to show. Bright side is, this thing is gonna be a handful. Its amazing it idled AT ALL with the things I had screwed up. Next week will hopefully get a drive vid.