Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

us1champ

Long Tube Headers

44 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any experience with OBX long tube headers..  They look pretty nice.. i find i can't find anyone other than on EBAY to purchase from.. i want something with no mid pipes since the car has a supercharger ( have heard that is the way to go i live in a no test state so if that is wrong let me know )

any thoughts would be great.

thanks for the info

i have looked at tti.. heard lots of good.  i just have a hard time with a grand for headers.. but i guess in the end if that is what it is so be it.

i would rather pay more for proper fit than some sho-goo'ed together pc of crap.

hey steveo

install aint to bad..  i pulled off the stock shortys on a buddy magnum and after seeing how it is. now i know the tricks i won't be that hard..  i have a lift so it makes life alot easier

anyone have any opinon ( stupid question ) or info on CATLESS vs CATTED mids.. would be in regards to a supercharged car

If you don't have to worry about emissions, go catless for sure, unless you want to wrestle with clogged and melted cats at some point. 

Word of warning regarding catless. Your car will be much louder. Not sure what cat back system you have but my car with ARH LT's, catless mids and MagnaFlow comp cat back is loud. If it is not a daily driver then probably not an issue. My wife can hear me coming and going blocks away from the house and I drive it very gingerly so as not to piss off my neighbors at 7:30 am.

Going cat less takes the refinement out of your exhaust sound, especially a corsa, but it's the price you pay with FI. Eventually you will be dealing with a busted cat. Sucks.

Don't missunderstand my comment. I love the sound of my car but it is freakin loud. Could never drive it as a daily ride.

^^ Yep

I just swap the mids when I go to the track.  I don't mind it, wife and kids prefer the Hemi sound when it's not bashing in their heads  lol

lol

I have the magnaflow comp cat back also

I don't drive it daily and I am the only one ever in it

Does everyone take cats off when putting superchargers on? Or is it mainly just drag racing crowd?

And what are the signs to look for for a busted cat or is it just look at them?

Thanks

Chris

Depends on how bad it clogs the exhaust flow when it goes. It could screw with your boost pressure or cause knock.

Mine was rattling around like a rock in a can when it went.

I went back to cats because I hated the sound only to take them out again to eliminate problems down the road, again. When Scott took them out, they were brittle as hell.

It has nothing relevant to do with the supercharger. People take the catalytic converters out because it hinders the performance of the car in general. If a person such as Iowa folks that don't have emissions testing it's going to help the performance without worries of failing emissions testing

Truck, a supercharged fuel rich tune does shorten the life of our cats. The NA guys don't deal with this as much as we do because their tunes don't call for 11.1 afr.

Dumping that much fuel rich exhaust into an 800 degree chamber not designed for it kills them.

My header experience is old school cars and the headers always sucked, leaked, pain in the ass. Does anyone have those issues with quality headers these days? I am thinking it would be a good idea to go long tubes now since I am going NA.

Guy is selling some brand new Borlas on lx, they look decent too but I have no idea.

My header experience is old school cars and the headers always sucked, leaked, pain in the ass. Does anyone have those issues with quality headers these days? I am thinking it would be a good idea to go long tubes now since I am going NA.

Guy is selling some brand new Borlas on lx, they look decent too but I have no idea.

When properly installed'Especially with heads off the car" they will not leak.  Trick is to use factory SRT manifold bolts and factory gaskets. 

Never used Borla headers. So cant comment on quality.  TTI make a nice set  and less $$ then Kooks.   ARH are nice as well.. And will help your N/A build. 

Alan I have the ARH LT's on my car and they are top notch. All holes lined up perfectly, no leaks so far and no clearance problems. I installed mine when the heads were already on but there was no trans or alternator, etc. Was pretty much the first thing I hooked up after I dropped the motor in the car. Was really not a bad install but I do have a hoist. Would have been a bit more fun had I had to lay on the ground.