Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

us1champ

Long Tube Headers

44 posts in this topic

I just have shorties and I have put the heads on with them already on the head, but is there room to do that with the LT's? Were you referring to LT's as well Scott?

My header experience is old school cars and the headers always sucked, leaked, pain in the ass. Does anyone have those issues with quality headers these days? I am thinking it would be a good idea to go long tubes now since I am going NA.

Guy is selling some brand new Borlas on lx, they look decent too but I have no idea.

I was looking at those as well. It looks like they actually come with the pipes needed to hook up to your factory exhaust.....no CATS of course.

I was looking at those as well. It looks like they actually come with the pipes needed to hook up to your factory exhaust.....no CATS of course.

Yea, seems like a decent price since they are still brand new in the box. Just worried a bit on the quality, but I would think Borla would be good.

Yea, seems like a decent price since they are still brand new in the box. Just worried a bit on the quality, but I would think Borla would be good.

I have the Borla exhaust on my car and it has been great. I would think they would be fine. Still not sure I am going with LT's. Too much other shit to buy.. lol

Yea I hear ya there. I just wonder how much LT's would help. Is it 20 HP? 10? 30? When I had the supercharger, I didn't really give a shit, I had crap loads of power, spending money on LT's seemed like a waste. Now with going NA, I want to make sure I maximize it, but not spend money on something that really may not be worth it.

I just have shorties and I have put the heads on with them already on the head, but is there room to do that with the LT's? Were you referring to LT's as well Scott?

I installed my on the head then fished them through. Getting the dip stick tube bolt tight was a bitch but much easier than installing the LT's with the heads already on the motor. 70..

will be adding the ARH and catless mids when the heads are off the car. or should i say Erik will be installing them :D

I've helped put two sets on friends Challengers.  Kooks weren't too bad but some off-branded headers were a royal pain-in-the-ass.  We ended had to drill out the bolt holes because the flanges didn't fit for shit.  Had to heat up and bend one of the tubes on the driver side to clear the steering linkage, ended up taking us about 8 hours to get the cheap set on.

After that 8 hour fiasco Erik might be doing mine as well :)

i have read the fit and finish is great on the ARH but we shall see!

They are Ryan. I installed on my car and all holes lined up perfectly and no interference anywhere. You will be happy.

from what i have read Kooks are a tad less $$. i have heard them with factory cats on a stock 6.1 and they sounded good. owner did not have leaks that i know of

Curious how they hooked up the kooks to factory cats?

because i was on my phone and typing too fast. they were high flows, not catless mids and def not factory cats. my fault