Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hemi~C~

Hmmmm, Hellcat 9's With Special High Boost Drivetrain Testing!!

85 posts in this topic

Isnt there a MAF on the 6.2? I thought there was. That in it self would make spray more realistic as long as the fueling can keep up.

Yep, MAF from everything I've seen.  That will make pulleying down the blower a bolt on and go job more than likely.  Add 30-50 rwhp assuming they didn't weld the pulley on.

Check this out guys.  Techy engineer guy some of you know just put this out there.  Dodge FTMFW!!!!!

the Hellcat has cured cancer!

Isnt there a MAF on the 6.2? I thought there was. That in it self would make spray more realistic as long as the fueling can keep up.

MAF is not the cure all everyone here seems to think. I've worked with MAF systems on ford and GM stuff and it's not that simple, especially when using spray. I'd be more excited that it has factory widebands.

J

Well, if nothing else the YB comments have generated some interesting discussion. 

I will say this.... 10.8's @ 125 mph in stock form is insane and defies logic assuming the big weight everyone seems to complain about, standard conservative timing curve, pig rich fueling and all the nannies in place to keep stuff intact for 150K plus miles.  Guess what, it happened.    

So who doesn't think we can shave 1 second off with tuning, pullies and driver mod within a zero option car?  Am I the only one that thinks this is so simple even a caveman (or GT500 owner) can do it?  

Chris

Well, if nothing else the YB comments have generated some interesting discussion. 

I will say this.... 10.8's @ 125 mph in stock form is insane and defies logic assuming the big weight everyone seems to complain about, standard conservative timing curve, pig rich fueling and all the nannies in place to keep stuff intact for 150K plus miles.  Guess what, it happened.    

So who doesn't think we can shave 1 second off with tuning, pullies and driver mod within a zero option car?  Am I the only one that thinks this is so simple even a caveman (or GT500 owner) can do it?  

Chris

If the above bolded section has been published please share.  So far all we've seen is a marketing video stating they ran 10.86 at 125 in a Hellcat on drag radials, which no one has replicated to date.  No other information given.  For all we know they gutted the car, had a hopped up tune and E85 in the car.

I know what it took to get my car to run 10s and it wasn't easy AT ALL and took a lot of figuring out from setup to driving.

I am with Jay. I know what it has taken to get my car into the mid 10s. I watched a video about this car back in the summer when Dodge had announced they were coming out with it. One of the SRT eng. had one of the test cars at a track in Wisconsin & the best he could get out of the car on DRs was like a 11.2 @ 123-124. It took 5 more lbs of boost to get my car from 11.1-11.2 to 10.5 & thats on Hoosier slicks 109 race fuel & a race tune from Mr. Mike Doban. Not saying the Hellcat wont run 10s. I just dont think it will from the factory. It will take some tuning & maybe a little more boost to get there. I think the people buying this car thinking it will run 10.86 because Dodge said it will are going to be disappointed. I will be glad when someone finally gets one & gets it to the track to prove me wrong.

I know the engineer who drove the car at the track. It does run 10s on drag radials (275-40-20 Nitto 555Rs btw), full weight, pump gas, no tricks. Comparing your results with a 5.7L stick car to a 707hp car with an 8 speed automatic is a little niave. The 8 speed has a 4.70 first gear ratio and a better ratio spread than any previous trans. Now factor in the 0.150sec shift times vs the 0.5 sec shift times for tge average manual driver and the fact the cars are dynoing between 625 and 640rwhp and it's easy to see how it's possible. One dyno video I saw had an atx pull 669 at the wheels!

Sounds like a conspiracy theory to justify buying a new Mustang ;-)

J

Not saying it cannot happen. I have just not seen one do it yet. My car is an auto with a Paramount trans. & I have a 3200 FTI stall so my shift times are going to be close to the 8 speed, just a little more ratio between shifts. I would just like to see one run a 10 second pass. No knock on the car. I am glad Dodge built this car. I have listened to the Ford & Chevy guys tell me how heavy & slow the Challenger is for 5 years now. Maybe the Hellcat will shut them up.

I am glad Dodge built this car. I have listened to the Ford & Chevy guys tell me how heavy & slow the Challenger is for 5 years now. Maybe the Hellcat will shut them up.

Bam! There it is well said bud.

As for mustangs go have a look at them. Fugly!!!!!!

We'll know soon enough when folks get these to the track.  I hope it does run 10s bone stock, I just find it hard to believe.  Greg and I hit the track together a lot and like he said his car is an auto and getting it in the 10s didn't "just happen".  The 8 speed auto will help for sure.  Greg and I are trapping nearly 130MPH in the 1/4.  The Hellcat is 124MPH.  I don't think I'm 650RWHP either.  Last dyno was 580 (Dynojet at CF4) and the only changes have been tune tweak for VVT movement of the cam and 90mm TB.  Prior to that I was running 126-128 in the traps.

Bench racing is fun anyway lol

My buddy just text me and said he saw a truck load of Hellcats on the highway.  Won't be long now.