Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hemi~C~

Hmmmm, Hellcat 9's With Special High Boost Drivetrain Testing!!

85 posts in this topic

If the there is an truth to the update on torque news someone hit 10.4's @ 133.

Getting close to those 9's and no one has even modified one yet :)

Just read the article.  So the car picked up over 7MPH just from 109 octane fuel and DR tires?  That's pretty amazing if true.

yeah, who knows what the variables really were but keep in mind initial Challenger trapped 125, the Charger 128 and now this....   there are so many variables if the previous runs were pump gas, hot lap, not negative DA......yada yada yada runs.  

Just thinking out loud and assuming the run was accurate.....  If the previous 1/4 situations were based on pump gas, hot engine/supercharger, mediocre DA runs, then yeah I can see race gas, negative DA and max cooling efforts significantly raising the bar 5-6 mph.  Seen it before in my own testing.  Timing in a hot car, with less than ideal DA on pump gas will be reduced by some major which has significant effect on ET and MPH.

Chris

I haven't seen DA affect my supercharged car that much so that's probably not a big factor, but intake temp would be.  This was a speed shop that did this, so my suspicion would be a 75 shot or they gutted the interior.  John Lewis will show us what one can do before long and I'd trust his report more than any marketing video or online magazine.

I can see the ET being realistic given the DA but the MPH jump may be misleading. Its fully possible that the lights were screwed up and reading high MPH. I've seen it at other tracks where one lane shows higher MPH then the other. The stock car that ran 126.9 was run on a different day I believe.

J

I can see a 10.4 also we have other 6.1's making 12psi running that number or better at full weight. My V3 at 12psi will run that or dam close to it maybe even better