Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hemituner

Whipple Superchargers Available At Hemituner Performance

72 posts in this topic

I fucking wish I knew how to post pics off my phone of aj standing behind the front counter with a kb shirt grinning like a mofo....too gawt damn funny I tell ya.

Gotta say for the price I will have a very hard time recommending anything else unless they want a bigger blower. Love the fact that they use both push/click fittings and -an on everything that connects to the blower.

20150401_120842_zpshw9i472y.jpg

I wonder why they didn't make an independent drive? Seems fairly simple with the Jackshaft design. Otherwise it's really nice. Sure looks like the stock upper is really big allowing for some nice room to spin it up later. 

The only down side to a stand alone drive is space. .100 can make all the difference in thew world for clearance when having to change a belt. So much so I developed a radiator relocation kit the move the rad and fans 3/8" forward to help. So it really comes down to mitigating the complexity of the kit and cost. Besides 90% of the kits sold never get pushed past the basic boost design which the stock belt configuration is fine. Us morons that take it to the next level are truly a very small minority.

The only down side to a stand alone drive is space. .100 can make all the difference in thew world for clearance when having to change a belt. So much so I developed a radiator relocation kit the move the rad and fans 3/8" forward to help. So it really comes down to mitigating the complexity of the kit and cost. Besides 90% of the kits sold never get pushed past the basic boost design which the stock belt configuration is fine. Us morons that take it to the next level are truly a very small minority.

I'll take one of those Sir! Is Paypal ok?

Gotta say for the price I will have a very hard time recommending anything else unless they want a bigger blower. Love the fact that they use both push/click fittings and -an on everything that connects to the blower.

20150401_120842_zpshw9i472y.jpg

Yup fit and finish is far superior...BTW Looking good.  And if you like what you see now.  Wait until you get it on the rollers and see the IATs.   Errr what IATS should I say  :)   Unlike the KB that needs a couple grand in extra crap to keep in in check...

sorry KB lovers... But for a bolt on street/strip kit the Whipple FTW.

Cheer up! It wasn't that long ago when the masses were beatin up on the Whipple owners around here.  ;)

BTW fine work you do Erik. You've got a friend of mines GWE R/T in there now for a Whip "Jaimie"

I wonder why they didn't make an independent drive? Seems fairly simple with the Jackshaft design. Otherwise it's really nice. Sure looks like the stock upper is really big allowing for some nice room to spin it up later. 

Tell you what Chuck, this thing made 9 psi this morning on the blue car without a hint of belt slip. There is NO lightswitch. It is smooth as hell and quiet till you step on it. I am blown away by this kit. Wish I could afford one for myself to be honest.

If it had been available when I put the Edelbrock on, I would definitely have gone that way. That said I got a smokin' deal on the E-Force and have been very happy for the past 18 months. Of course, as always, just a little more would be nice. Just need an extra inch on the bottom (as always!).   :)

Eric, running a canned tune from Whipple on Ryan's car? 

If it had been available when I put the Edelbrock on, I would definitely have gone that way. That said I got a smokin' deal on the E-Force and have been very happy for the past 18 months. Of course, as always, just a little more would be nice. Just need an extra inch on the bottom (as always!). :)

AJ tune Chuck. The Green R/T I am doing right now is a canned tune. Will report back once finished.

If it had been available when I put the Edelbrock on, I would definitely have gone that way. That said I got a smokin' deal on the E-Force and have been very happy for the past 18 months. Of course, as always, just a little more would be nice. Just need an extra inch on the bottom (as always!).   :)

I wish this was out when I got my eforce  I would have chosen the whipple.      I wish I could afford one now  my 300 has drop in pistons ready to go  :) 

AJ tune Chuck. The Green R/T I am doing right now is a canned tune. Will report back once finished.

Be interesting to see how it compares. 

Yup fit and finish is far superior...BTW Looking good.  And if you like what you see now.  Wait until you get it on the rollers and see the IATs.   Errr what IATS should I say  :)   Unlike the KB that needs a couple grand in extra crap to keep in in check...

sorry KB lovers... But for a bolt on street/strip kit the Whipple FTW.

I haven't added a single thing in three years with my bell aside form switching the intake tube to a carbon fiber one. That wasn't performance related so I will say you don't have any idea what you're saying!

Still running the very first belt I put on her too!