Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Roomraider

First Blown Hellcat

29 posts in this topic

With the 100's of journalist beating the every living shit of these cars over the past three months, I would think this would have shown its face before this if it's gonna be chronic failure.

I blame the yutz in the Italian tuxedo.

I heard this was BS and started on the LS forums. Look at how clean the engine bay is and how the hell did the oil get on the outside fender and not make a mess in the engine bay. HMMM

There is bound to be failures, both part failures and assembly line failures.  Nature of the beast, and yes, that is why there are warranties.

If only a couple out of the thousands that will be made have catastrophic failures it will be nothing out of the ordinaty.

Time will tell on these like I've been saying all a long.  It's a completely new platform, new motor, first supercharged V8 for SRT, etc.  Gonna be some growing pains.  Warranty is great as long as there are parts readily available to swap in.  Not sure I'd want my local dealer swapping my engine in that car though.  How many more problems with they introduce?

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but look at how many improvements occurred from 2008 to the 2009 model year when the Challenger first came out.  I suspect we'll be seeing the same here.

I heard this was BS and started on the LS forums. Look at how clean the engine bay is and how the hell did the oil get on the outside fender and not make a mess in the engine bay. HMMM

That's what I'm thinking, the pics make no sense. How is there oil like that on the fender? Bullshit.

Not saying that problems wont happen. But look at the oil on the bottom of the right lower fascia and no oil above it on the fender. Liquid will travel down pulled by gravity. I call Bullshit unless some more pictures can be provided. *ninja* 

I thought the Hellcat only came in green,black & red this year. Unless I am color blind that car is WHITE. Maybe someone playing tricks on internet.

I bet someone dumped a quart of oil on someones fender. Really doubt that if it in fact lost an engine oil line and ran out of oil, drips from the front spoiler would be the result.

The post making rounds on FB was the owner was just driving along and then smelled oil and then noticed the 0 oil pressure and then it blew up.  So, no warning lights?  No check engine light?  Nothing?  Little splashed oil on the outside front fender?  Sorry, not buying it.  I'd come closer to guessing someone on the LS forum is butt hurt.