Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

turbofreek

My 67 Dart 411in BGE Stroker Twin Turbo Build

55 posts in this topic
lol you want to touch it an feel its texture dont ya? lol. Its 40 spline strange gundrilled axles strange housing and strange xd billet third member. Just tossing the cash in the trash for this stuff.

Intake and rails are finished. Gonna set up a date to get the engine mounted up in the car and get a busting on plumbing and wiring my efi. Then get the engine finished up and turbo setup. Just about on the down hill swing soon.

IMG_8563_zpsb5qfqaqq.jpg

Big thanks to jakes performance fab for the fuel rails with mounts and drilling the injector bosses to fit my fat injectors. Gonna have him open up the pad to a 4500 opening and cut it shorter by an inch to clesr the stock hood and allow my 105mm tb with his billet elbow.

20150106_214810_zpskmmx7dmd.jpg

This is my rear suspension i have had lots of interest in them years ago. When i first got them. Many thought they were only for camaros but they can be used on about any lesf spring car. I thing aves has these as well but im not sure off the top of my head. They are from smith racecraft called assassin bars

IMAG0014_zps0vtfrqvy.jpg

Little better view of them.

IMAG0044_zpstbviqnwb.jpg

Have to excuse me these are some old pics

Trunkandtubs.jpg

20121222_001653.jpg

Little better shot of the back seat area. I kept the back sest because i have teo small boys and i want us to all be able to drive around in the car as a family. Yet still cert to 25.3 when its all finished. Didnt finish the cage as i sent money to a family member for chemo at the time i felt was more important.

20130902_163336_zpsd8faf485.jpg

Floor painted but still wet. Man these pics are old. lol

20130903_210245_zps8780cd1d.jpg

Rear end assembly. 9", 40 spline, 5/8th stud gun drilled xd billet 3rd member all strange.

20140505_205341_zps0407a704.jpg

20140613_224106_zpspoagtbnk.jpg

First attempt at the brake lines but have sense changed and removed several fittings for a cleaner look.

Some have asked about my dash bar and how it fit behind the dash.

20141217_000220_zpsoyhuiiwf.jpg

As far as fuel system goes belt drive as main pump and a hy-1800 back feeding to the regulator under power and for start up priming. Will have a check valve so the belt pump dont back feed it.

88mm turbo by forced induction aka jose. Im undecided on if i go with the gt5088 cast or the billet monster 88mm turbo. Want to run 4.70s or quicker. Yet also want to be able to run the local 8.5 class when i get the itch. Probably go with the cast 5088 but have not stuck to it yet.

Car is coming along. Jake does some good work. http://jakesperformancefabrication.com/

Great work actually. He built my rearend housing in the pics and several other thing here and there. Couldnt be happier with the work hes done for me and will do in the future. Most dont know he can do efi conversion on anything or custom fuel rails etc... so i thought id name drop him a little bit.

Thanks guys. I probably should have shared this long ago. Have lots of stuff going on but just so damn busy to get anything going or done on it right now. Gonna start doing weekends rotations off. Just so i can work on this thing.

Here is a big complaint i have but cant do anything about. Intake bolts dont center up on the heads. One side will sit center while the other side does this on this one hole and line up on two of the remaining 3 left. The tall long bolt does not line up either and is just as bad.

The top of the flange is off center 1/16ish towards the rear pass side(probably intentional for carb flow atomization). Gonna hog it out to 4500 and drop it another 1inch to clear the jakesperf billet elbow. Its a beast of a piece and this intake need serious work to contend with it. Already over 1200 into this intake and still needs serious porting and flange machining to be finished(not flaw related in any way fwiw just my requirement). Probably be find on an na application but i need it to be perfect for my application. Classes here wont allow sheet metal intakes or boxes so this was my only option. Will end up painting it black once all done.

20150107_232716_zpsyh2kcglo.jpg

Need some 23" tall front runners as these huge 25.9 hit the fender lip just on the pass side fender. Trying to get somebody who would trade my new ones for theirs but must be speed rated very high north of 175. This is how the car sits at the moment. Not low enough but will be once all is put in it to run.

20150106_214602_zpsx7dep4qc.jpg

No i dont and wont hassle about it ti i do. The intake also doesnt sit flush on the heads flanges. It teeters corner to corner so its likely head shifting not being torqued down i hope. Intake sits flat on a table so its likely.

It make quite a bit of difference on mine between just heads seating on and now with heads bolts down with gaskets in.

Troy

It make quite a bit of difference on mine between just heads seating on and now with heads bolts down with gaskets in.

Troy

yea i just talked to one of the guys today who called me for a follow up. Likely is due to gaskets but the heads are doweled in place i forgot about that.

The rocking was the edge of the intake hitting the bolt bulge around the head bolt. So thats a non issue as well.

wow i found my build thread on here.  holy crap.  ive been posting in the newby thread cuz i couldnt find this before on the last page setup.  well now i can update the living bejesus out of this.  so others can follow if they want or i can keep trak of my ever lasting build.