Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

09 Challenger RT

Hellcat Runs 10.483 @ 133mph Edinburg Raceway

120 posts in this topic

A 'modified' Hellcat ran this time at Tuesday at Edinburg raceway, and a stock Hellcat ran 11.04.  Supposedly these are certified and filmed runs, this was posted on the Edinburg raceway Facebook page with pics of the slips but no video. 

Maybe a pulley change?  a little increase in boost.  B)  In any event it should prove interesting to see things play out, hopefully there are some videos posted soon.

Hoping someone brings one to CF6... before I spent a shit ton on another engine, clutch, rear end... I'm stickin' with mine for now but it wouldn't take a lot to make me change my mind.

Hoping someone brings one to CF6... before I spent a shit ton on another engine, clutch, rear end... I'm stickin' with mine for now but it wouldn't take a lot to make me change my mind.

Alb440 will have his there, and I already told him he can use my slicks and skinnies for test n tune.

Alb440 will have his there, and I already told him he can use my slicks and skinnies for test n tune.

Great CF3 cost me about $7,000... this one may cost more :)

Ya not shocked at all......the HC had already run 10.8 on street drag radials, certified......Still pretty damn amazing for a "stock" factory car.

I'm with Wes ......thinkin hard about a HC, but I'll let the dust settle for a couple of years and buy one thats "broken in".......... B)

Here's the allpar article on it.  http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2015/01/first-hellcat-timeslips

With Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcats just starting to reach owners, it was only a matter of time before we started seeing them hit the track in attempts to see what they can do in the hands of the public.

Edinburg Raceway, in Texas, is working with a local Dodge dealer (Burns) and two Dodge Challenger Hellcat owners to try to knock down the quickest Hellcat numbers.

The first car was a black Hellcat on 109 octane racing fuel and drag tires, running at 48°F, 71% humidity, and a 96 foot track elevation, with barometric pressure of 30.43 for a density altitude of -1,093 feet. The time slip showed a quarter mile time of 10.483 seconds at 133.53 miles per hour; the eighth-mile time was 6.8 seconds at 106.19 mph.

The quarter-mile time can be corrected to 10.52 seconds at 133.175 mph.

They also had a completely stock Hellcat running with its stock Pirelli tires, at 5:18 pm, the day before; the temperature was 53°, humidity 57%, pressure 30.51, with density altitude calculated at -843 feet. The driver managed the quarter mile in 11.054 seconds at 126.12 mph, which corrects to 11.077 seconds at 125.974 mph.

Dodge’s own NHRA-certified results were 11.2 seconds at 125 mph with stock street tires and 10.8 seconds at 126 mph with drag slicks and premium (not race) gasoline. Both cars beat the official numbers.
How quickly can they really go? Discuss it in the forums or using Disqus, below (shown in the single-article version of this story). Photos are stock footage.

133 matches the trap speed. 138 should be 9.9-10.0.

I'll try and see if the time slip is still in my back pack I bring to the races and post it but that was my trap at 10.4x my 60ft was 1.6x I was running 3.90's at the time.