Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

09 Challenger RT

Hellcat Runs 10.483 @ 133mph Edinburg Raceway

120 posts in this topic

how does race gas do anything to a car not tuned for it? 

Maybe with pump gas a little knock was being detected and pulled some timing, with race gas not so much?? Just a guess.

Isn't their a chance the Dodge erred on the side of caution and the knock sensors are too sensitive,  running the race gas would eliminate any timing being pulled by the knock.

Yeah what he said...

I have been watching all of the Hellcats on Ebay. The average selling price is around $74,000.

There's a Hellcat in my area at a used car dealership with 15 miles for $79k

^^^^ Exactly why I will be waiting awhile until all the hype and hoopla go away. Its fun to watch on somebody else s dime for now. Pretty damn amazing that they are already living up to the 10 second hype and giving notice to the Ford/Chevy etc....haters

These cars will be running 9's with DR's & nitrous in a few months. In a couple of years it will all be old news........and a perfect time to buy a low mileage mildly used Hellcat at a nice discount.......... 

In the mean time I'm perfectly happy with my Mean Green Machine......... B)  

The 7MPH difference is what has me questioning things.  That is a lot.  It would be awesome if true but geeze that's a lot of speed from a stock car.  Frank's 449 and 4.0L Whipple ran 133.

The 7MPH difference is what has me questioning things. That is a lot. It would be awesome if true but geeze that's a lot of speed from a stock car. Frank's 449 and 4.0L Whipple ran 133.

Agreed! As much as I want this to be legit, I have a hard time believing it.

7mph difference is huge when running the 1/4mile. IMO DR's at best will help out 2-4mph tops, but 7mph. IDKnoooow. Gains like that come from a NOS shot.

Unless they were outrageously blowing off the tires at the hole before the DR's were put on. My .02.

Take it for what it is, we can dispute it all day long and not learn shit. Fact is we have a PRODUCTION Dodge in the 10's. This hasn't happened but only once in the history of Mopar, 1968 with the SS/AA Hemi A-bodies. Difference is these Hellcat's can get 20+MPG and have fuckin interiors nicer than most peoples furniture. Its a good time to be a Mopar fan.

the run's were made by two cars.

we will see on March 1st in Bradenton what mine runs on 17" DR. It will be on the auto train soon.

If John's car will run those #s I will believe it.I hope everyone that buys one of these cars gets them into the 9s I really do but this car picked up a lot of speed  from the 1/8 to the 1/4.meaning the SC is very good on the top end or it got a little shot of juice. My car runs 10.5s pretty consistent & I trap 127 sometimes 128 & that's on slicks & a 3200 stall. My 60ft time & my 1/8 time is better than the time slip shown on the run. So he made up a lot of ground on the big end.

Take it for what it is, we can dispute it all day long and not learn shit. Fact is we have a PRODUCTION Dodge in the 10's. This hasn't happened but only once in the history of Mopar, 1968 with the SS/AA Hemi A-bodies. Difference is these Hellcat's can get 20+MPG and have fuckin interiors nicer than most peoples furniture. Its a good time to be a Mopar fan.

Wheres the like button

If John's car will run those #s I will believe it.I hope everyone that buys one of these cars gets them into the 9s I really do but this car picked up a lot of speed  from the 1/8 to the 1/4.meaning the SC is very good on the top end or it got a little shot of juice. My car runs 10.5s pretty consistent & I trap 127 sometimes 128 & that's on slicks & a 3200 stall. My 60ft time & my 1/8 time is better than the time slip shown on the run. So he made up a lot of ground on the big end.

I pick up big mph from the 1/8 to the 1/4 on the gas 

The 7MPH difference is what has me questioning things.  That is a lot.  It would be awesome if true but geeze that's a lot of speed from a stock car.  Frank's 449 and 4.0L Whipple ran 133.

Franks car is a manual, not an apples to apples comparison....

Agreed! As much as I want this to be legit, I have a hard time believing it.

I think the ET is believable, its the MPH that is in question. We could be seeing an issue with the timing lights reading an erroneously high MPH. If you take the MPH out of the discussion, I think you can most definetly pick up 4-5 tenths on drag radials. The factory went from 11.2 to 10.8 with radials at sea level. The stock tire car went 11.0 so seeing an 10.5 isn't unrealistic, especially in -1000ft DA.

J

These cars will be running 9's with DR's & nitrous in a few months. In a couple of years it will all be old news........and a perfect time to buy a low mileage mildly used Hellcat at a nice discount.......... 

Well, if you are really into sloppy seconds :)  I dont want anyones used Hellcat, especially if they are on this forum lol