Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

HemiAlex

420+ Ci Motors. Dyno And 1320' Info

36 posts in this topic

What is a typical 420 ci motor putting out now the tuning has come along several years? I'm thinking about building a 6.1 based 4.050 stroke motor with a drag pack jntake. I can clear the jntake easily with my hood so I'd rather spend $800 on a drag pack jntake than a ported 6..1

Any experience is appreciated.

Street first, track second. Road race application shifting at 7k. 93 ideally, e85 is an option.

Car will be about 3500 with driver.

I can clear any intake I want.

I'll back Erik if we are talking 93 pump gas. If you are running E85, you can afford to throw some compression at it. If that's the case, I wouldn't hesitate to say you could build something that will easliy knock down 550 or better that is still not unruly to live with.

Intake is a dilema. I think a ported 6.1 manifold will be better for a street car, but it starts to wheeze at 7,000 rpm.

Im hoping for 550 rwhp out of mine Alex but my cam is on the rowdy side at 247/255 @.050. I think the dp intake would help it actually.  Sixpackguts 420 is running easy 9.90's at 3200lbs on Moparts with home ported Eagle heads and a cam very similar to mine.

the DP intake will make more peak power but everything under the curve looks much better on the 6.1 mani.. I would guess the DP doesnt even cross the line of the 6.1 till 5000/5500 rpm..  Might be worth 50 or so at peak but you might give up just as much as you gain under the curve... couldnt imagine the DP intake being the way to go for any street driving unless the motor is big enough to need to give up the tq

I've run single plane intakes on way less capable motors. The four speed is very forgiving. Steve is helping me iron out details and component selections. I've snagged a spare 6.1 to build on the side.

The single plane will work fine but the long of the short is unless you plan to spend more time above 5500 than below it you will be shooting yourself in the foot..lol

Wish there was a polymer 6.1 intake like the FAST LS intake or Holley making a Hi-ram for the Gen III. That would be awesome! I know I wouldn't have camped in my garage polishing the dog shit out of mine if that were the case!

IMAG0332_zpsy72aqhwd.jpg

I agree with Erik. All depends how radical you want it to be. Most are in the 440 - 500hp range. I'd personally stick with the 6.1 intake for the broader torque curve, especially in a road racer. It will make you work less to keep it in the power band which will hell coming out of corners.

Street first, track second. Road race application shifting at 7k. 93 ideally, e85 is an option.

Car will be about 3500 with driver.

I can clear any intake I want.

It might be pretty difficult to get a street trim car to 3500lb w/ driver

Wish there was a polymer 6.1 intake like the FAST LS intake or Holley making a Hi-ram for the Gen III. That would be awesome! I know I wouldn't have camped in my garage polishing the dog shit out of mine if that were the case!

IMAG0332_zpsy72aqhwd.jpg

whatsthis.jpg

I'll just leave this here.... lol

This was version one.....there is a lot more coming in version two. Version one made 550 rwhp on a Mustang dyno. Hoping version 2 makes 700rwhp.

PICT0223_zpsfb4bd768.jpg

Holy crap! Well I wanna buy version 1 if ya ever sell it :)

On 93 with a 236/248 at 11.2 compression my last 426 made 538 wheel. That was with modern muscle heads, a stage 3 intake, and 90mm Tb. It had step headers and a Corsa catback.