Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

HemiAlex

420+ Ci Motors. Dyno And 1320' Info

36 posts in this topic

My stroker is putting this out after a trip to Hemituner Performance to have AJ tune it last Monday,

Final_Dyno-hemituner_zpse3d8c590.jpg

Real solid numbers for 93 oct. gas, AJ said he thinks it may respond pretty well to a race gas tune. I think he was battling a little knock with the 93 oct.

^^^^Slide, same issues i had with the Thitek head swap...some knock that still plagues me some....I havent hit the dyno since the Viking trans install as the stock trans was giving me fits. I was seeing 580 in spots, then 520, then 500, then 530...it was crazy. So the next dyno should really speak volumes.

For the OP, I DD my stroker and have so since I picked it up in Dec 2010.  The only time she has been down was for the trans and head/cam swap. Running strong with above par cyl compression. I love it. She has run 11.18@124 at Atco in Nov.....

Ron

^^^^Slide, same issues i had with the Thitek head swap...some knock that still plagues me some....I havent hit the dyno since the Viking trans install as the stock trans was giving me fits. I was seeing 580 in spots, then 520, then 500, then 530...it was crazy. So the next dyno should really speak volumes.

For the OP, I DD my stroker and have so since I picked it up in Dec 2010.  The only time she has been down was for the trans and head/cam swap. Running strong with above par cyl compression. I love it. She has run 11.18@124 at Atco in Nov.....

Ron

Interesting, What compression ratio you at now? And did you try some race fuel, Those are some crazy power swings you have there.

11.2-1. It started with 7 KR and was tuned down to 3. I have run C16 and still have 3 KR. The dips were from the trans slipping and the TCM not holding gear, we think.... I will be going back before the KB install to see how the new trans is going to perform. Right now I have a high rpm "miss", lag type issue that seems to be fuel related but my AFR is still showing mid 11's. Just needs some more dyno/tune time.

If you are running c16 and still have knock it's either false knock or something is rapping in the motor. We are running 12:1 comp in Wendys 440 with 25* out the back and 19* through the middle on MS109 and 12.5A/F and have 0* KR.

If you are running c16 and still have knock it's either false knock or something is rapping in the motor. We are running 12:1 comp in Wendys 440 with 25* out the back and 19* through the middle on MS109 and 12.5A/F and have 0* KR.

Thats what we were thinking as well. Solid motor mounts and my mid pipes were smacking the underbody. We have made some mods and are gonna try it again....She ran good at Atco. Until the TCM crapped on me.

Bringing this back up, need to keep updated on what is working and what isnt. These are the types of builds alot of guys want in older Mopes, max hp NA stuff that runs fine on pump gas. Mine wasnt making the power I was hoping for, 3700lbs, 122mph @ 2100ft elev. Still not sure what it wants for a timing curve on pump 91. I did kill a supposedly 480rwhp LS Fbody on the street though, badly.

I'm running 13 to 1 compression with 29 degrees of timing and have 0 knock retard. I will say....I personally find this shocking. But the old 462 motor was the same way.

I'm running 13 to 1 compression with 29 degrees of timing and have 0 knock retard. I will say....I personally find this shocking. But the old 462 motor was the same way.

It helps when you have knock control actually turned on. :o